For the love of god is there a pedal with one button to turn on a boost and delay?

romanianreaper

Everytime I found something online for a boost and delay, it was retired, put in a museum, sent for a water burial, etc. It is like only cavemen used these. Any I found were sold out too.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to toe tap when it is time for a solo

This may not be what you are looking for, but I finally took the plunge and bought a VooDoo PX8 Loop Switcher. I know several other companies also make loop switchers. While most folks dedicate a single effect to each loop, you can ‘daisy chain’ certain effects together within any of the loops for a dedicated sound at the touch of one button: run your signal out of any of the available loops into your preferred boost - then directly into you preferred time effect - then to the return of that loop. That particular loop has just become a one touch for your lead sound.

Yep.... I've had version 2 of the tech 21 on my board for years. Does just that.... nice delay with plenty of dB clean boost available with one press of a button. Been reliable as well. I also have a super switcher which allows multi pedal loop patches as stated above... more expensive route but allows any combo of pedals via in front or in loop to be accessed with one button preset.

Last edited:
This may not be what you are looking for, but I finally took the plunge and bought a VooDoo PX8 Loop Switcher. I know several other companies also make loop switchers. While most folks dedicate a single effect to each loop, you can ‘daisy chain’ certain effects together within any of the loops for a dedicated sound at the touch of one button: run your signal out of any of the available loops into your preferred boost - then directly into you preferred time effect - then to the return of that loop. That particular loop has just become a one touch for your lead sound.
Thanks, I'll look into that!

Yep.... I've version 2 of the tech 21 on my board for years. Does just that.... nice delay with plenty of dB clean boost available with one press of a button. Been reliable as well. I also have a super switcher which allows multi pedal loop patches as stated above... more expensive route but allows any combo of pedals via in front or in loop to be accessed with one button preset.
Did they stop making that because I was looking for that one?

with multi effects unit like the Fractal FX8 you have "Scenes" 5 per patch so each scene is a mix of what ever effects you want
scene one chorus
scene 2 OD + Delay
scene 3 chorus + OD + Delay etc.
works great and I can do it 'per Patch" which means per song if I need to
maybe not what you're looking for but it is a solution to your presented problem :)

with multi effects unit like the Fractal FX8 you have "Scenes" 5 per patch so each scene is a mix of what ever effects you want
scene one chorus
scene 2 OD + Delay
scene 3 chorus + OD + Delay etc.
works great and I can do it 'per Patch" which means per song if I need to
maybe not what you're looking for but it is a solution to your presented problem :)
The FX8 is an excellent unit

If you want the delay in an effects loop & the boost in front of the amp, simple loop switchers wouldn't work, need 2 signal paths. Two separate MIDI controlled loops assigned to a one-button preset would do it, as would multi FX units that can do 4CM with split signal chain. I use HX Effects for this type of "one button" change, it's midi capabilities allows amp channel switching, internal effects, it's onboard loop & external midi pedal control all with one button press.

I use the volume boost on my Boss ES5 with either a strymon volante or a LWA acheron delay in the loop.

Works a charm.

Another vote for the Tech 21 Boost Delay.. I have the version 1, black box, without tap tempo. Just throw it in the effects loop or after distortion and it’s instant solo time! For $100-200 used you can’t beat it. They also make a Boost Reverb.

I took the plunge in bought a Strymon Timeline. It has a 3dB boost built in. With its presets, you can switch to a boost plus more delay or whatever you want. I’m still messing around with it, but pretty cool pedal.

Back