Gol Damn Jon sounds like shit...

I haven’t read this thread in it’s entirety so I’m not opposed to nor surprised getting my ass kicked in by my own doings in this post:

For every person saying that Jon can’t sing well (including Jon himself) and suggests he’s doing it only for the money, there are legions of fans that would be disappointed and more than upset if he called it quits. And I imagine Jon feels a certain loyalty and obligation to those people who have followed him all these years.

Attending a Bon Jovi concert for many people is more about a good feeling , the fever of a crowd with common adoration for Bon Jovi and the memories his music brings, singing along . Smiling with and hi-fiving the stranger standing next to you. Not about the quality of musicianship.
I would wager that if Ritchie came back wearing his cowboy hat playing his classic guitars with star inlays and double neck, throngs of fans would be thrilled even if he played out of tune and hit a few clams during solos.

My .005 (2cents adjusted for inflation)
I agree with you to a certain extent and I grew up with that music in high school. I guess I wanted to believe that he was a true rocker, etc. but I think he is embarrassed almost by his metal past and thinks he the new Springsteen or something.

I started listening early on (7800 Fahrenheit) and songs like In and Outta Love, etc were great songs with solos, etc. Compare that with the new country rock stuff...meh.

How fucking much they've lowered the tuning of their songs? Livin' on a prayer's being played in c# while originally it's in E standard?

Goes to show what are the standards for music these days. 🥴
i think barry white would have trouble hitting some of those low notes. honestly any shmoe off the street could do a better job of moaning along to those songs. it sounded like a parody of the song in the style of a drunken ethel mermon. but as they say….

Leppard are not washed up. Since Joe's vocal operation, they sound way better.
When I saw then, personally it was too cringe and I had to leave. Phil being greased up by his wife and walking out like he's a 20 year old. Joes face was melting in the heat. The whole set was locked into a backing track running on a click. No one moved on stage besides walking slowly. The only thing entertaining was the video and light show which again was locked to the click track. The show was copy paste every night, everyone looked bored.

I haven´t seen Leppard in a long ass time, but are they using backing tracks now? Apart from the intros and special effects from the albums they always had on tape, that is.

When I saw then, personally it was too cringe and I had to leave. Phil being greased up by his husband and walking out like he's a 20 year old. Joes face was melting in the heat. The whole set was locked into a backing track running on a click. No one moved on stage besides walking slowly. The only thing entertaining was the video and light show which again was locked to the click track. The show was copy paste every night, everyone looked bored.
I haven´t seen Leppard in a long ass time, but are they using backing tracks now? Apart from the intros and special effects from the albums they always had on tape, that is.

giphy.gif

ghosty999: Quote fixed. Phil is a man's man. :D:yes: Many men want to rub him down with the Crisco.

DefLep is definitely using backing tracks. Joe is lip-synching most of the show now ~80%. If he held that mic any closer to his mouth and grabbed the shaft with both hands any harder, so as to cover his mouth... Phil might get aroused on stage.

When I saw them in 2010, I foolishly thought I'd see a band excited to be on stage and working the crowd like Garth Brooks. Sadly, not the case.

I saw him in 08 which seems like yesterday but I guess was a long time ago now, they were pretty on point then and then crowd was louder than the band the whole night, it was definitely a good time. This new shot is just terrible

When I saw them in 2010, I foolishly thought I'd see a band excited to be on stage and working the crowd like Garth Brooks. Sadly, not the case.

I made the mistake of paying to see Def Leppard in 2016. I was bored to tears. As much as bands like Leppard and Bon Jovi were a big part of my playing when I first started, I swore to never again waste my hard earned money on bands clearly past their prime. I would much rather remember them for how they were in their prime.

I made the mistake of paying to see Def Leppard in 2016. I was bored to tears. As much as bands like Leppard and Bon Jovi were a big part of my playing when I first started, I swore to never again waste my hard earned money on bands clearly past their prime. I would much rather remember them for how they were in their prime.
When I think of a Def Leppard show now, all I can picture iis older women with wine swaying to Pour Some Sugar On Me.

i never went to see a bunch of bands i love because every live video ive seen has been terrible and i dont want to ruin my love for them.. soundgarden, deftones, smashing pumpkins are among them

I agree with you to a certain extent and I grew up with that music in high school. I guess I wanted to believe that he was a true rocker, etc. but I think he is embarrassed almost by his metal past and thinks he the new Springsteen or something.

I started listening early on (7800 Fahrenheit) and songs like In and Outta Love, etc were great songs with solos, etc. Compare that with the new country rock stuff...meh.
Yeah, it bugs me when a band 'evolves' to a place where they are embarrassed by what got them there. In the docu about The Station fire (Great White concert), Dee Snider was helping get bands together, mainly from the northeast, to have a benefit concert for the families affected. He said Bon Jovi declined, implying that they did not want to be associated with that type of music any longer. He talked about how people look down on the class of people who go to those concerts. Kinda bummed me out about Jovi. Liked them in the day... can't stand the new country-ish direction, and the 'agenda' songs.

Back