Eminence DV77/VM65?

Nice!! Thanks.
Thanka for that. I didn't see it on the Omega site.
Now I just have to decide if I want to do 8 or 16!
My other 412 has 8 ohm speakers and now I'm wishing I still had the big collection of 8 ohm speaker I had.
I had Lynchbacks, CL80s, etc.
Yeah, i had 3 16 ohms cab and one 8. So i dropped 16 ohms V30's and the DV77's into my Mills. Damn great combo. Took the V30's from my Friedman cab and put two Greenbacks. So now it's an all Greenback cab and let me tell you, i like it even more now!!!! Tight bass, smooth highs and a nice balanced mids. Might not cut as much in a mix playing dropped metal, but for the rest, it kills!!!!

My Mesa 4x12's i have in the jam space are the best for cutting through my loud drummer and other guitar player. All V30's. Just recently put a mix of GK 100's in one of them and while it sounds better when I play alone, i have a harder time hearing myself, had to Jack the mids and volume up a bit. So i might revert back. We ll see!!!!

Really, you like the Greenbacks that much?
For me I have found heavy magnet speakers sound bigger and punchier, thicker, but it's been years since I've had greenbacks.
I like the Creamback M65 though!
I thought about M65 with a V30 type.

Redbacks replaced my greenbacks and Lynchbacks.

What amps and type of music you play?
Heavy stuff?

Yes V30s and I think those Omega/Eminence 65s cut well.

I used Redback/V30 for gigs and it cut great. I also used older T75s and got great compliments at gigs.

So, I always used light magnet speakers for thr laid back, soft feel, which is nice for soloing. Then I got into using heavy magnet speakers for the thickness, punch, fullness and girth.

Lately I've been back and forth a bit

With these DV-77 and VM12-65, mix, is it stiff at all or too in your face? I like speakers that work well for variety, such as heavy rhythm, but also cleans and singing leads.

Last edited:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zdd9ooWdd4TwY5En9

these are my amps, trying to post a pic, not sure it will come out ok.

I am a metal player, Killswitch, Parkway Drive, Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, Fear Factory, etc... Really a metal head ay heart.

I had a Framus Cobra back in the day with the matching cab, witch had all Greenback's and man, what a match these two where.

The Friedman loaded with Greenies punches hard and smooth, creamy and punchy. Ads more harmonic content to the tone, just a more organic tone. Weird but that's what i hear. Really love the tone.

if you can see the pic, i have a BE100 dlx, Peters Fsm, VHT UL and a Revv generator. They all benifit from those Greenies. I am not saying better than my Mesa cabs but punched more evenly, less mid spike. Perfect for 80's hard rock.

did not try it with my band yet, just with backing tracks and it sits great in the mix. Now with my loud ass micked up drummer and other member's, I can't say, might not cut as well die to the less pronounced mids. We ll see.
PXL_20211220_233353753.jpg

Last edited:
One of my friends got the DV-77 VM65 combo right as they came out. He seemed to really enjoy it. He is the owner of Tonecrate Clifton Miles. Pretty nice guy. I'm sure if you found him on Facebook he could give you a pretty good rundown on how they sound.

I'm gonna order them on Sweetwater.
Thanks. I guess I'll go with 8 ohm ohm so I can mix and match with other speaker in my cab. My Splawn 412 has 8ohm speakers but my 212 cabs have 8ohm speakers. It's tough to decide which to get, 8 or 16, lol. The Bogner 412 was it finally 16phm speakers and currently still has the V30s. I may just get the 16 ohm's. Ugh, not sure.

Hmm...
Money is pretty tight so not sure I can swing the new speakers for a while.

My Bogner 412 has two China V30s.
I was thinking of selling the 30s and getting this new pair of speakers.

I'm wonder if I save my money and just pair maybe Creamback M-65 speakers or G12-65 to give me a V30 mixed with Vintage vibe.

My other 412 is Redback/V30(Mesa).

Or I could find some used Celestion which would be cheaper than the new Eminence speakers.

This stinks. I really wanted those DV-77/VM12-65 blend.

I could just grab the DV-77 set and pair with the V30s. The 30s are fine, I just didn't like the H30 speakers that were in here.

Even sonwthing like the DV-77 and a brighter or more neutral Celestion coild be cool - like a K100 or CL80.

Has anyone paired the DV-77 with a large fist cap Celestion like the Classic Lead 80 or K-100?

Maybe a large dust cap Eminence?

I talked to Eminence and they recommended the DV-77 and Governor, or the CV-75.
The guy I talked with wasn't as familiar with the VM12-65.

Im tempted to skip all this and stick with my V30/K-100 or MC90.

I'm about to order the DV-77s and VM12-65s for my Bogner 412.
If it doesn't work, I'll go back to Celestions.
I have Redbacks, V30s, MC-90s and K-100s in all my other cabs.
Recently sold my Greenbacks and Lynchbacks.

Are the Omega/Eminence VM12-65 made in China? They say assembled in the US, which is what WGS says about their speakers.

Interesting there is a review on YouTube comparing the DV77 to a Creamback M65 and they sound almost the same. Creamback may sound thicker.

Back