Eminence DV77/VM65?

PSGuitar

Hey guys, I want to do a new speaker mix in my Bogner 412.
Looking at doing DV-77 and VM12-65.
My Splawn has Celestion Redbacks and Mesa V30s.
I want this can to be Eminence loaded. Looks like I can only find the DV-77 in 8ohms, but that should be fine.
Do you guys who have these, find them versatile? I play everything from Van Halen, 90s Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, STP to Slipknot and Deftones.
Curious who has these. Thanks!
Rich

Last edited:
Those are the 2 speakers I have in my Omega 2x12 cab. I feel like they are extremely versatile and I also play all of the bands you mentioned. Yes, the VM12-65 is an Eminence speaker.

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to getting them for my Bogner.
Looks they only do 8 ohm, which is fine. I just won't be able to swap speaker around with my other 412 since that has 16 ohm speakers.

Yes, I'm sorry - that's what I meant. Aren't they made by Eminence like the DV-77?
Although I haven't tried either speaker, I have looked into them my self, especially the 65s and they sounded great. Full sounding and great clarity.

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to getting them for my Bogner.
Looks they only do 8 ohm, which is fine. I just won't be able to swap speaker around with my other 412 since that has 16 ohm speakers.
Please let us know your thoughts on them when you get them and have them installed.

I will for sure.
Its interesting they only come in 8 ohm.
Makes it impossible to buy one or two to pair with 16 ohm speakers as most of mine are. Although my Redback/V30 Splawn 412 contains 8 ohm speakers.

I will for sure.
Its interesting they only come in 8 ohm.
Makes it impossible to buy one or two to pair with 16 ohm speakers as most of mine are. Although my Redback/V30 Splawn 412 contains 8 ohm speakers.
Interesting. I didn't realize that.

Maybe I'm wrong but only see 8ohm.
Its like when Celestion only made the Lynchbacks in 8ohm.
Same with the Eminence Super V (another Lynch speaker) - only 8 ohms. However, I have a pair of prototypes that are 16 ohms that I bought from here years ago but never wired them up to anything.

Anyway...

OP - not sure if you're looking at other Eminence speakers, but I'm a big fan of the Wizards. Sold a pair to a buddy that uses them with his Splawn Quickrod, and they do very well for the bands you listed.

Wizards? Thanks.
Current amps are Mark V, Archon 100 and BFG modified Dual Rec.

For the speakers I'm looking at, I'll have to buy new, which sucks. I never see them used because they are such a new release

Those are the 2 speakers I have in my Omega 2x12 cab. I feel like they are extremely versatile and I also play all of the bands you mentioned. Yes, the VM12-65 is an Eminence speaker.
How would you compare the VM12-65 to a vintage 30?

I am interested in getting a pair of these as well once they are in stock again. Looks like a great option! Everything I have heard from them sound great thus far.

The DV77 sounds good but I found them to be a pretty dark sounding speaker. Might not be a bad thing depending on what you want. For me I found they didn’t seem to blend well with celestions…. I haven’t tried the VM65

I hadn't even heard of the VM12-65. I guess I'm behind. But I'm really wanting to try the DV77. I've spent more money on speakers than I should've over there years but might have to try these.

My favorite speaker right now, for most things, is the G12EVH's but I don't want to risk them in a 2x12.

I just got a pair of DV77'S at 16ohms from Sweetwater??? They are available.
Nice!! Thanks.
Thanka for that. I didn't see it on the Omega site.
Now I just have to decide if I want to do 8 or 16!
My other 412 has 8 ohm speakers and now I'm wishing I still had the big collection of 8 ohm speaker I had.
I had Lynchbacks, CL80s, etc.

My Redbacks seems warmer and darker than DV77s, but even they still cut fine! Balanced for sure.

Good comparison...

Last edited:
Back