Daaang... USA Wolfgang's got pricey...

I’ve had three and I keep selling them because they keep sounding like ass. I had an all basswood Wolfgang special many years ago and I miss that guitar. It didn’t look great since it was purple but it got the job done and was fun to play. The others I have had since have sounded dead or dull. Definitely not worth the price they’re wanting now.

Wow! 😑😳
That is insane indeed… I guess it’s all supply and demand though, if you have people who will pay the price, why not?

I have a Japanese tobacco burst Wolfgang with the USA pick ups and the stainless steel frets that, (in my opinion), sounds and feels every bit as good or better than the two USA models I tried in the past, but of course, it’s all subjective.
Every Japanese made one I have tried seems to be a winner.
I really don’t understand why he designed the guitar with the pick ups to be so far away from the strings though, the guitar came alive and just sounded so much better and ‘right’, when I raised the pickups to where they should be…

I’d rather buy a Peavey Wolfgang even at the crazy prices they’ve gone to.
Not the original but Peavey sent all these NOS parts (Necks and Bodys) they had stockpiled t0
the Czech Republic for assembly.
$2500.00

Back