Current used market

I won't get into the politics of it, but as far as used cars go, that is simple supply and demand. You just can't buy new cars. The used gear market is not about supply and demand any more than it ever has been at this point. Now it is either manufacturers raising prices on new, and used hiking their own to match, or just people still trying to ride the wave of inflation that came over us during covid. I was lucky enough to do business with members on this forum during the time, so I wasn't raped. The truly "rare" gear is always going to be what the market dictates as long as people are willing to sit on it for those prices. But we have seen prices coming down already. I remember a few years ago looking at marshalls at $1500 and thinking this has to be the height...No one wants to invest at the apex.

Unless it is very desirable it will sit now. People are feeling the inflation and think twice over anything 2K+. 2K is our monthly food bill now. Not quite but you get it.

The deals are starting to show up. Just bought 2 guitars used for the price of 1 new. Much to my surprise, one was a 2021 (minimal play time) and the other a 2022 (brand freakin new).

Wait till near the end of august September. So far 23 food processing plants have burned down. One is an accident two is a coincidence three is a pattern.
Not going conspiratorial here. Just the facts.
So if housing bubble pops people can’t afford food and energy I think people won’t be too worried about gear.
So all the vultures have coin in hand.
Count me in as a vulture or “opportunist”.
Shit, the dude might be completely dried up.
No worries dude!,
$3K for the OG Cameron CCV..
Money sent!!!
Man, I’ve been stacking cash for the meltdown.
That’s right, the world is going to end, sell me your CCV.

Covid stimmies are long gone and rates are going up bigly.

This is going to affect the zero interest finance sector, meaning less people able afford financing purchases.

I just drove by the gas station. $6.29 for regular.
I just got fuel.
$3.04 a gallon for the rest of the month.
-something to the effect of the government waiving taxes on the fuel, maybe due to the hurricane here.

We have brains.
Use them!
If your lazy and expect the world to comfort your reality, welcome to the fold.

Hold up.., you hear that?
That’s a nuclear missile whistling your way.
The world is going mad and is going to go hungry & explode….-sell me your OG CCV!

I just got sweet t-shirts printed up that read:

“We are entering the book of revelations,
-the end is here… SELL ME YOUR CCV”.

Last edited:
When I was driving through Northern California a few months ago it was over $7 a gallon. It's almost $6 here in Las Vegas currently.

$2.99 for regular here in S. Texas
Wow! Thanks Joe! 3 steps forward and 2 steps back! Totally not going back up anyway after the midterms and strategic oil reserves are done being dumped into the market. America’s back!

On topic though, I do see used prices coming down a LITTLE recently and a lot of stuff sitting. I’ve seen a few good local deals that were actually objectively, reasonably good deals.

My trigger finger is starting to get a little itchy but I’m holding off for things to hopefully cool down more. I want a mid-level 4 string bass, probably a simple jazz bass, a floyd equipped shredder (probably a soloist), and a dual rectifier. The korean made Jackson wildcard soloists in particular have my interest.

12K for a Recto. Insane. Think they are just fishing. Throw a 12 band EQ on any recto done.

Even if I had millions I’d never spend that kind of coin on something like that unless someone found it in a box new in the warehouse laying in a corner.

Seems a lot more high end stuff coming up for sale. Fair price vs taking it like your in prison are two different things.

Did anyone see the $12,000.00 Rev C Dual Rec on reverb?
The Mesa market is crazy as ever for the unicorn amps. 🤪🤪
Very cool, collectible amp and he's totally entitled to ask for whatever price he wants but the market probably won't bear anywhere near that price. I say probably because there always seems to be a few collectors out there with money to burn who pay insane prices; he might find one. But something tells me with the way the market and inflation are going, collectors like that are probably losing a lot of money on paper almost daily and are thus becoming more risk averse.

The market is slowing down big time and prices have come down a bit but if you're waiting for a return to pre-Covid prices, don't hold your breath. Those days are long gone and they're not coming back. BUT, there are more deals to be found now.

I just went on a trip down to Morro Bay recently and the gas near the freeway was $7.59. I just laugh when I hear the press secretary talk about lower prices at the pump! Oooookkkkkk……..
Gas here in San Diego is almost $7 per gallon. My girlfriend paid $6.89 down the street this morning. Filling up her Toyota 4 Runner costs well over $100 now. It's insane. I guess if they want us to move to electric cars, this is the way to do it.

Back