George Lynch playing a what?

Lynch was born lucky with those bizarre spider fingers that were literally created to shred at the highest levels of savagery.

All the top dogs have one thing in common and it isn't the pick of destiny. It is monster hands. Big hands and long fingers in proportion to their bodies. Nice wide vibrato. You will start noticing that. Pick a name and then look at their hands.

All the top dogs have one thing in common and it isn't the pick of destiny. It is monster hands. Big hands and long fingers in proportion to their bodies. Nice wide vibrato. You will start noticing that. Pick a name and then look at their hands.
Though he's not as widely known as most, Michael Romeo is the exception to that. He shreds, but he has tiny hands.

Jake had small hands. He even referenced it many times in interviews back in the day.

Jake had small hands. He even referenced it many times in interviews back in the day.
Jake E Lee? He had those monster stretches thanks to the length of his fingers. I wouldn't say he had small mitts at all. But yes my rule isn't 100% fullproof. :p

Jake E Lee? He had those monster stretches thanks to the length of his fingers. I wouldn't say he had small mitts at all. But yes my rule isn't 100% fullproof. :p
Just repeating what he himself stated in many interviews back in the day. I think that's why Jake mainly plays strats with a Gibson Scale. But yeah, he mentioned it in several of the old guitar rags back in the day. I get what you're saying though...Vai, Lynch, DeMartini with the long snake like fingers, it's certainly got to make it easier.

Last edited:
buckethead

iu

Remember the thumb on the fretboard technique he came up with? If you want it bad enough you'll make do and come up with some creative ingenuity.

Back