NAD - Crate GX-130c

ultimatemetalguitartones

Finally I 've managed to find one here in EU! This one is in great condition and it sounds..... well, let's just say that if you're a late 80s early 90s death metal fan, this amp is for you! I am trying to nail the old Cannibal Corpse tone. Supposedly, this model was used in their early stuff. I will test it vs my Ampeg VH 140 soon

i have the rack version as well

hX1uMkb.jpg

it sounds as if the 'teeth on a chainsaw' :ROFLMAO: are wider apart on an Ampeg...its a coarser grind than on a Crate...thats how i hear it...

exactly, the gain structures are just different. the ampeg is like 80 grit where the crate is 360

Last edited:
well...you scooped them...do you remember the eq...? wait....i can see that they are around 12 - 1 o'clock on both channels...did you do some eqing after ?

Last edited:
apart from the fact that ampeg has more pronounced bass response the difference sounds more like one amp played on two diff quads....

crate sounds little more 'open' than ampeg in a way V30's open up the sound compared to other celestions....little less muffled...ie. mid/treble gets better defined so you can hear them 'louder' ...not sure thats the proper term but...

Back