Does the circle of stupidity ruin this video for you?

I don't care about all these influencer morons on YouTube and since I can't even see the video because the channel is blocked in my browser it's quite certainly one of those. So, he or she or whatever it is won't get my view for sure. I don't want or need this crap in my life and I'll not feed any shitty algorithm with this bullshit. Getting all this low effort marketing crap shoved down our throats has ruined YT a long time ago.
Same except with guitars. Good that Blocktube extension exists.
VideoBlocker or now Blocktube is the only thing that keeps me from punching my monitor when I'm using YouTube.

Last edited:
I skimmed through just to see a little bit of the parts with him making faces. It didn't make me angry. It was kinda funny... though I did lose interest fairly quickly.

Wait until I start my page, I’m just gonna make the thumbnail a beer shits splattered toilet with gear I’m reviewing poorly photoshopped in floating amongs the sludge

family-compact.jpg

Just gotta say Mark lettieri rules. Totally awesome harmonic content, chops galore and I bet not a single person here could cop that vibe, I certainly can't. I need to work on my chord harmony rather than 3 NPS.

The guy is clearly a happy Dutchman so whatever, he can pull his faces. I do feel like guitarists all playing over the same song is as interesting as shuffle step tik tok videos though. Who are these people anyways? Just youtube guitar players... next.

The guy is clearly a happy Dutchman so whatever, he can pull his faces. I do feel like guitarists all playing over the same song is as interesting as shuffle step tik tok videos though. Who are these people anyways? Just youtube guitar players... next.

A few of them are legit pros with albums under their belts (Lari Basilio, Mark Lettieri, Tom Bukovac and Tom Quayle)

I'm not really familiar with the rest of them though

A few of them are legit pros with albums under their belts (Lari Basilio, Mark Lettieri, Tom Bukovac and Tom Quayle)

I'm not really familiar with the rest of them though

Fair point. I honestly did not realize that with them out of context. But really lead playing is great but the song is what is more memorable.

He is a very good guitarist as well as Tom B is the main session guy in all Nashville. He is a genius at homeschooling Uncle Larry, started d/t shutdown.

It’s way better than Rick Beato does it . Rick puts the guy playing all tiny in a window he acts like my dad air guitaring to it in full screen. But seriously it’s the same shit . He wants his face on there the whole video
I think Rick Beato is cool. He's a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to music.

I agree that circle with facial expressions is annoying. Same as the "reaction" videos by other youtubers, where they supposedly hear a song for the first time. Clickbait shit is annoying.

Anyway, Paul Davids is actually quite knowledgable. He used to be a guitar teacher before going full time youtube. The guy can play for sure and has some good videos.

A better comparison to me would be someone liking bbq but won’t go into the highly regarded bbq spot they would most likely enjoy because they think “Porkys” is a dumb name and the pig they have on the sign as a mascot somehow annoys them. I really can’t believe someone wouldn’t watch a video with a topic they are interested in because of a facial expression in a thumbnail
Just gotta say Mark lettieri rules. Totally awesome harmonic content, chops galore and I bet not a single person here could cop that vibe, I certainly can't. I need to work on my chord harmony rather than 3 NPS.
Bro, if you aren’t doing 28 notes per second and 4 notes per string, you’ve got some catching up to do. Rigtalk has the top shred standard on any forum. You also MUST, and this is a MUST, have at least 6 of the highest end boutique amps, and 15 custom shop guitars, and by custom shop, I mean bare minimum of $4000 per guitar. You must have a real Klon, analog man king of tone, early 80s tube screamer, all chase bliss automated fader pedals, a pedal board built by vertex guy, Friedman, or LA custom builder dude whose name I forgot, $300 cables, $500 amp to cab cable, and be able to cover every song, but more importantly the solo, in DOUBLE TIME by yngwie, RR, Jake e Lee, EVH, lynch, Warren, the troglodyte from motley crue, and Satriani. Satch boogie, eruption, bark at the moon, crazy train, yngwies insane sweep and economy picking, and Vais spider finger technique are ESSENTIAL.

I just don't get the "disingenuous" overreactions to each and every phrase.

I mean, yeah, I get that he's selling his channel, but demonstrably reacting to a solo every 3 notes is akin to bad soloing IMHO; it leaves you nowhere to go when something legitimately-good happens.

Wow, that sure is one crazy video.

Hey guys thanks for listening to my reaction about this video, don't forget to Like and Subscribe! And hey while you're at it, how about smashing that Notification Bell so you get the word about all my content as soon as it lands!!!!!! This comment was brought to you by Raycons, headphones for music you can FEEL! And if you really feel like supporting our channel, we'd love it if you'd head over to our Patreon and donate however you can! Your generosity is appreciated more than you could ever know, and hey, it really helps us keep our top quality entertainment flowing straight to YOU, week after week! I am just so appreciative of all you amazing fans out there. I couldn't do it without you, and your support truly means the world to me. Hahaha alright I'll see you TheGreatGreensters next time.

Last edited:
Your reaction to a reaction video, followed by our reaction to your reaction to the reaction video. :LOL:

I'd love to offer an actual opinion on that video but instead I'm just going to say that "offering real opinions" isn't what I do here on my channel. Instead, my channel is simply here to bring you the FACTS and present you with all the helpful info I can, so YOU can decide*. I'm simply here to serve you, a member of the best gosh darn (please excuse my language) group of people in the whole wide world, youtube guitar channel viewers.

* = Offering a view of Just The Facts is defintiely the real reason I don't give hard opinions. It's definitely not because voicing an actual opinion might risk offending [DEMOGRAPHIC GROUP THAT HOLDS OPPOSITE OPINION] which would cost my channels a loss of views and subscriptions! I'M YOUR FRIEND. EVERYONE PLEASE LIKE ME.

Last edited:
Back