Mick Mars retires....bring on John 5

Mick made it official:

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/motley-crue-mick-mars-retire-touring-1235415269/amp/
John 5 will crush it if in fact he’s the guy....

And we’ll still get the high quality Vince Neil vocals 😂
Jesus. I didn't know the man was 71! Poor guy, it is sad, and it really sucks knowing how much he's suffered for the past several years. Vince deserves it more for killing someone and getting a slap on the wrist. Hate that fatass douchebag.

Jesus. I didn't know the man was 71! Poor guy, it is sad, and it really sucks knowing how much he's suffered for the past several years. Vince deserves it more for killing someone and getting a slap on the wrist. Hate that fatass douchebag.
2NMtCDK.png

IMHO Mick was the last shred of dignity for Crue. Monster player, huge tone, riff master and a goddamn warrior for slugging thru another tour in his condition. They always talked that they wouldn't go out without the original members yet here we are. This is now an embarrassing cash grab thats doing their legacy no favors. Well deserved retirement for Mr. Mars!

Needs more ca$h since selling off the publishing rights to full catalog.
Never been that much of a fan but selling the catalog netted them $150 Mill, and the stadium tour was a huge financial success so I'd say their doing ok.

John`s a killer guitar player but after playing with Roth it seems he pigeon holed his self in all these wacked bands or maybe thats his thing IDK

I wouldn't go see it at this point but to be fair, the first two farewell tours (wink) felt like they were precipitated more by Mick's health than the rest of the band not wanting to do it anymore. And money. By the fourth farewell tour, I think it's the money.
Having said that, I can't think of a better right hand to chug through those Mick riffs than John5 and he fits in sorta.

I can't blame John for accepting the gig (if he does and if it's presented to him). That would be great notoriety for him and a more than decent paycheck? Maybe? but for the other 3 it's like "guys, really? wtf are you doing?" I know the answer is $ so i guess it's pointless to ask

Mick is a warrior for trying to play with his medical condition for as long as he has. When I saw them a while back he looked like skeletor and never moved, but he was on point all night. Except for his guitar solo halfway through the show.

Back