Eventide H90

At the price they are asking you could get 2 used H9's and a mixer
This is the dilemma a lot of guys have. I have an Eclipse and a 7000 among others in my big rack. I gig with a smaller rack that basically emulates the bigger rack. When real estate is scarce having one box instead of the three sometimes is the best option depending on the situation.

At the price they are asking you could get 2 used H9's and a mixer

Used H9 is 450€ at best...
900€ for both...and the mixer is 200€ (a cheapo rane sm26), 350€ for a Musicom paralllelizer...
+cables, +space, +power supplies

If H90 is less than 1200€(around 1100€, used is great value) it is worth it against the previous scenario...

What can be said is whether it is worth more than a tc g-force...

I already have 2 H9’s and have had them for years, staples for me always on. Love them. I’m going to have to think hard on this…

Well, used a 15 percent off coupon for Musicians Friend and ordered it. Back ordered till Nov. 22nd so hopefully it doesnt turn into a 6 month wait. If its a dog I can always stick with my H9, but it definitely looks like they took care of the limited control capability without the app. Heres hoping!

Well, used a 15 percent off coupon for Musicians Friend and ordered it. Back ordered till Nov. 22nd so hopefully it doesnt turn into a 6 month wait. If its a dog I can always stick with my H9, but it definitely looks like they took care of the limited control capability without the app. Heres hoping!
I mean the new algorithms are worth the price of admission alone. It should deliver in areas other units haven’t or can’t. I’d be surprised to see the H9s boot the H90

I mean the new algorithms are worth the price of admission alone. It should deliver in areas other units haven’t or can’t. I’d be surprised to see the H9s boot the H90
Yea, I mean the biggest attraction for me is the 2 algo's at once and the ability to tweak from the pedal itself. Gotta say though, I wasnt too impressed with the verbs in the H9 compared to the verbs in the Eclipse and 7000. No matter if its Spring, Hall, Plate..etc.. they all sounded too artificial. Tweaking the parameters obviously helped, but no matter what I did I just didnt dig the verbs. Hopefully this one will sound closer to the Eclipse. Hopefully I wont have to wait 6 months to find out! LOL

Yea, I mean the biggest attraction for me is the 2 algo's at once and the ability to tweak from the pedal itself. Gotta say though, I wasnt too impressed with the verbs in the H9 compared to the verbs in the Eclipse and 7000. No matter if its Spring, Hall, Plate..etc.. they all sounded too artificial. Tweaking the parameters obviously helped, but no matter what I did I just didnt dig the verbs. Hopefully this one will sound closer to the Eclipse. Hopefully I wont have to wait 6 months to find out! LOL
I’m interested what you think on the verbs between them. I plan to run a dedicated PCM81 rack unit for verbs only to mitigate this issue but still interested as I agree - the H9 was good enough but not wow factor.

Back