Dave Mustaine on everything Gibson. Thoughts?

M.U.Y.A

Hot off the press lol. Seems like Gibson is really going to use Dave on everything. I feel like his v’s just started getting out there in wild. Then we were hit with custom shop V drops. Then Dave himself revealed his 24 fret explorers no more than a week ago and now this? That’s not including the Kramer or Epiphone brands either… I think this is interesting and a little exciting for Dave fans.

Attachments

• D5003FF6-4999-4C16-8C18-1EA5445BD2B6.jpeg
    D5003FF6-4999-4C16-8C18-1EA5445BD2B6.jpeg
    889.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Mustaine was trashing Gibson in the early 90's. I should scan the magazine and post it lol
No need. He’s said a lot of stuff about a lot of things. He’s even complained about his own guitars at Jackson and those were his best guitars lol always claimed his new brand was the new best to do the V right blah blah blah.

Mustaine was trashing Gibson in the early 90's. I should scan the magazine and post it lol
Mainly, he sells for the brands the support / value him. Not always a bad thing but it is what it is. Got to sell that gear with your name on it.

Let's face it, he whores himself to whoever throws him free shit. He understands how the biz works.

I personally think it was kind of funny to hear him talk shit about Jackson after moving to Dean... real eye rolling kind of commenting, so take it with bag of salt for sure... I have no doubts his custom guitars are good, it is just becoming repetitive to trash former gear and praise the new guy.

Let's face it, he whores himself to whoever throws him free shit. He understands how the biz works.

I personally think it was kind of funny to hear him talk shit about Jackson after moving to Dean... real eye rolling kind of commenting, so take it with bag of salt for sure... I have no doubts his custom guitars are good, it is just becoming repetitive to trash former gear and praise the new guy.
Yeah man, couldn't have said it any better. Dave always has something say. Another example is when he had that little stint with line 6 and was complaining how Marshall could never fill in that missing void in his tone and now look. Marshall tone til the day he dies. He realized it was a mistake lol

At least in that Gibson announcement video he addressed that he had nothing bad to say about Jackson this time around lol

Ding ding ding we have a winna!

Hot off the press lol. Seems like Gibson is really going to use Dave on everything. I feel like his v’s just started getting out there in wild. Then we were hit with custom shop V drops. Then Dave himself revealed his 24 fret explorers no more than a week ago and now this? That’s not including the Kramer or Epiphone brands either… I think this is interesting and a little exciting for Dave fans.
It appears the Kramer versions never materialized.

It appears the Kramer versions never materialized.
IMO, it seems like Dave was going to a big part in revitalizing Kramer, being that he would be the biggest endorser for Kramer once his guitars release. I doubt Gibson will give up on it without at least giving one run a go. But who knows…

A lot of people seem to be more excited about the Dave Mustaine Kramer stuff than the epiphone line.

in his defence he said something like "I think gibsons are on the way out, they are old people guitars" ... well for a while they did "go out of style" and well now he is old so it seems a natural fit for him now hahahahahahaha

in his defence he said something like "I think gibsons are on the way out, they are old people guitars" ... well for a while they did "go out of style" and well now he is old so it seems a natural fit for him now hahahahahahaha
I thought the same thing when he announced he was joining Gibson lol He probably thought it was time to hang up the pointy guitars now. Lol

Not a huge fan of the oversized inlays, but I do like the smaller similar piranha style on Jacksons. Perhaps it's just the lighting but that looks like Pau Ferro or Laurel on the fingerboard. Gross. What a monstrosity if that were true. ...So, where do I sign up?

On another note; I do wonder why youtubers and others have their own guitar brands instead of just signature guitars where you'd think Slash, Mustaine, and Co would be on that bandwagon by now. Then this could be a Slash branded Mustaine Signature guitar and Gibson gets stuck selling basses after he buys exclusivity to the LP in a forced order by a Judge in Gibson's next bankruptcy. Slash Adam Jones Les Paul. Sell off import production to FMIC under the Squier name.

On another note; I do wonder why youtubers and others have their own guitar brands instead of just signature guitars where you'd think Slash, Mustaine, and Co would be on that bandwagon by now.
Probably less time involved having your own signature stuff handled by the company.

Eddie had a ton of input into whatever he put out and EVH gear was a natural progression of that. Not everyone wants to worry about that stuff.

Back