Pete Thorn demos a new amp you can put on your pedalboard.

Pete's an amazing player and wish him nothing but the best.

Anyone who doesn't realize he's getting paid to show this stuff is living under a rock.

However because he's such a good player, he will make average gear sound incredible.
Probably says more about us than him doesn't it :D

Pete's an amazing player and wish him nothing but the best.

Anyone who doesn't realize he's getting paid to show this stuff is living under a rock.

However because he's such a good player, he will make average gear sound incredible.
Probably says more about us than him doesn't it :D
I'm with you -- I'm not anybody's fanboy but he can play the strings off the guitar and I look at his gigs and people he tours with and can't believe the bashing he's getting . It took me a little while to really figure out the paid promotion part of the gear companies send him but one way or another he does make it all sound good .

s
Guys go look at the price of this pedalboard amp... I'll wait here.

Ridiculous to say the least. I'd rather just buy a 20 watt amp for that money. Pete is a great demo guy and that's why people send him stuff to demo and help sell. When has he ever said something is shit? It's always " really cool".
I guess you’ve never heard him say, quite a few times, that he receives a lot of gear and only makes videos of the ones he likes?

I posted this video because the pedalboard amp sounded better than the others I have heard. And you guys come out and make fun of and rip him?

He isn’t trying to fool anyone, he has stated he gets paid to make video demos. He also said he doesn’t make videos of the gear he gets that he doesn’t like. The guy gets to make a living playing guitar. He is a gnarly player, not like a lot of the YouTube, guitar, “personalities,” who can barely play.

I guess you’ve never heard him say, quite a few times, that he receives a lot of gear and only makes videos of the ones he likes?
May be the case but the dude is still getting paid.

A guy at his level isn't showing stuff for free just because he likes it.

Reactions: ccn
pure jelousy here...if You can not make sound gear like PT, well, it is not Pete Thorn's fault :)
Is there any chart trustworthy Youtubers ? :cool:

It IS fake, too

PT direct messaged me on TGP specifically to continue arguing with me about a "YouTube shills" thread

Because I pointed out the fact that all "YouTube guitarists" do is sell basic bitch gear playing the same basic bitch bands because it will appeal to the most beginner retards of the lowest common denominator

"HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THESE RIGHTEOUS EVH/ACDC TOANZ I CAN GET FROM THIS VINTAGE MARSHALL"

"HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THESE RIGHTEOUS U2 TOANZ I CAN GET FROM THIS DELAY"

Oh boy, I can't wait for more content to consume that's exactly like all the YouTube content that already exists and has been done to death a thousand times over

Yes, it very much is fake. Someone who goes on narcissistic attack rants against users for just being critical of influencer marketing and gets off on it when his minions are doing the same in his name isn't a likeable person but a spineless piece of shit. Exactly my point. How some people still haven't seen through his schtick is beyond me.

How about a fucking YouTube video about how to use a wah and multitracking to get andre olbrich lead tones? How about a bogner manni Schmidt video? How about literally anything besides EVH, Jimmy Page, Slash?

Oh right, that won't sell cheap pedals to beginners.

Because Schmidt and Olbrich are too niche for the basic bitch audience of YouTube influencers and can play circles around guys like PT but would never brag about playing on stages around the world professionally for decades as opposed to a guy like PT telling everybody on forums how he is a "real professional" because he is making gear reviews on YouTube and is playing for other people that I've rarely ever even heard the names of.

But why Bogner?

Pete completely lost his shit. He never contested that the amp wasn't a cheap piece of crap, just that "No one talks about my friends like that !!!"
It's a shitty club and we ain't in it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . When someone PM's you to continue an argument you really really set them off lol.
This is PT's MO. The guy is an absolute narcissist with a “buddy buddy” facade and can't deal with it when people are vocal about not being interested in what he has to sell.

Last edited:
I went through this a while back and found the solution.
Just don’t watch the channel.
How are people supposed to get paid by you selling them something while you are watching their video/channel?
I get it and have one dude who I CANT STOMACH,
f-him, how’s that?

Pete is a very respected & accomplished working musician whom was contracted by major label artists for his abilities.
You think you can sit down with Chris Cornell
(Chris is paying you btw), to orchestrate & perform many of his Soundgarden songs & more.
Lead him???
Do you think Chris Cornell or Don Henley will
hire you?

Pete is a very respected & accomplished working musician whom was contracted by major label artists for his abilities.
You think you can sit down with Chris Cornell
(Chris is paying you btw), to orchestrate & perform many of his Soundgarden songs & more.
Lead him???
Do you think Chris Cornell or Don Henley will
hire you?

there are a bunch of talented musicians in the world who thinks Chris Cornell and Don Henley are talentless hacks, and wouldn't give two tenths of a shit who they hire.

Me included.

Pete is a boring shill. I know dozens of players who can actually write original music worth a shit - which Pete cannot do.

It's drama.
On this forum or any other forum or anywhere else in the internet. It's also why everyone left rig talk.
This forum isn't any different than YouTube. The owners only have it here because of advertising. Not anyone's pseudo drama queen ego.

Maybe some of you remember when Pete was a active member on rig talk. Out of 22,788 members here there is now less than 100 that are active.

Maybe some of you remember when Pete was a active member on rig talk. Out of 22,788 members here there is now less than 100 that are active.
I remember the time I posted on TGP about EVH using a mix of JBL and Celestion speakers on the early records, and Pete, by his own admission in that thread, had never heard about that.

Later he made a video where he presented that info with the quote, "Based on my research.."

He is a complete tool.

Don’t like PT? Then just look the other way. Easier done than said in this case…
..or just look both ways at the same time.

tOXLzOP.jpg

Back