Scammer Alert: VanMalmsteen

I know he used to live in SE Georgia. I’ve tried to deal with him twice, once as fatbagg with an Engl head and once as VanMalmsteen for a beat Charvel Guthrie Govan.

Both times were to meet in person and he flaked both times. Always some lame story why he couldn’t meet.

Routers do not come with an IP address pre assigned. When you plug in your router it acquires an IP address lease from your network segments DHCP server.

Sounds like you just got “lucky” and were assigned an IP address that happens to have a ban at TGP.

You can try to renew the lease to see if you can get a different IP. On windows:

1) Start a command prompt
2) type: ipconfig /release then press the enter key
3) type: ipconfig /renew then press the enter key

This will terminate your current lease and aquire a new lease. You may or may not get a different IP depending on how saturated your IP pool is.
This won't work.. TGP bans "ranges" of IP address when they perma-bant someone.

A VPN service is the only way around this.

ymmv

Routers do not come with an IP address pre assigned. When you plug in your router it acquires an IP address lease from your network segments DHCP server.

Sounds like you just got “lucky” and were assigned an IP address that happens to have a ban at TGP.

You can try to renew the lease to see if you can get a different IP. On windows:

1) Start a command prompt
2) type: ipconfig /release then press the enter key
3) type: ipconfig /renew then press the enter key

This will terminate your current lease and aquire a new lease. You may or may not get a different IP depending on how saturated your IP pool is.
I know they don’t have an IP already assigned, but they will get an IP from pool of address that the carriers registers. While they ban often using a single address, much of the time it is based on either known nefarious network ranges or even ranges that lack any registrant infromation (no reputation). Doing a release and renew does nothing if you’re being translated behind a router. You’re just going to get another private address.

I know he used to live in SE Georgia. I’ve tried to deal with him twice, once as fatbagg with an Engl head and once as VanMalmsteen for a beat Charvel Guthrie Govan.

Both times were to meet in person and he flaked both times. Always some lame story why he couldn’t meet.
I remember you asking me about the Govan Charvel.
I did a deal with Fattbagg about 2 months before the shit hit the fan. No issues, got lucky I guess.
There’s no tolerance for this shit here. One of the big reasons to be here, is the trust level we have with each other on deals. I don’t care if it’s 50 bucks or 5K, trust and honor is hugely important on this forum.

Fatbagg probably already has another alternate user ID here. And he will surface once again...

Did Donnie ever truly leave????????????????:unsure::dunno:

Good to see you Tom.
Good to see you, too! Hope all is well. Recently was poking around the forums and heard the crushing news about Dan, so I'm a little bummed after seeing that, honestly. Still have PMs from the guy in my inbox. Was hoping to eventually connect with him since we're both in MI. Really goes to show you that you shouldn't hold off on important things like that. Might take a half day today after seeing that. All the best, buddy.

Good to see you, too! Hope all is well. Recently was poking around the forums and heard the crushing news about Dan, so I'm a little bummed after seeing that, honestly. Still have PMs from the guy in my inbox. Was hoping to eventually connect with him since we're both in MI. Really goes to show you that you shouldn't hold off on important things like that. Might take a half day today after seeing that. All the best, buddy.
The thing with Dan is heavy.
All is well. I hope the same for you. Crazy world we live in these days.

@bugsy5150 and @khprojects , reach out to PayPal if you haven't yet. The one silver lining to all of this is that I did indeed get my money back from them. Even if you paid via F&F, reach out to them and make a complaint. It can still be possible to get your money back if you paid as a gift.

View attachment 146092
Yeah I would, but the issue is that we traded my amp for his amp + cash iirc, he paid me the cash portion (about 1.2k) and never sent the amp

Wow. This is stupid. Bye. When your pedals show up I hope you all feel stupid.

Fuxk you guys and Rig Talk.

If your ahit doesn’t show tomorrow I’ll refund you guys in full. Scammer I am not, but RT is gonna run with the narrative it chooses. Now there will be zero responses from you until delivery.

Enjoy the gossip, fuckers.
Well, it's Monday at 5:43 PM and mail has long since been delivered by every carrier. In a surprise to literally nobody at all, no pickup arrived today. I did get a sweet Synergy Pittbull UltraLead module from Sweetwater that pairs amazingly well with my VHT 2/90/2, though, so at least I got that to rock out with today.

When someone is a kleptomaniac, or a pathological liar, they have no control of their actions.
Doesn't matter if it's $10, $25, $100, $1000 or $1000000... they get their fix by stealing or cheating.
That's what makes them feel superior. And in a lot of cases, they even like when people talk about them. That's why they keep coming back to the same places and committing the same type of crime. Watching people talking about them, even if talking bad things, makes them feel good. Makes they think they got away with crime.
Anyway, he is a pathological liar, and he will keep stealing from other people until the day he dies.
There is a good treatment for that tho... it's called jail.

Back