Scammer Alert: VanMalmsteen

Code001

Hey everyone. Long time no post. Hope everyone is doing well because I'm not sure I am...

This dude posted a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails for sale here:
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/seymour-duncan-hot-rails-unused.255205/
Screenshot for proof in case he changes it:
1668980300815.png

I messaged him on Nov 12th. Sent money on Tuesday, and he confirmed he got it:
1668972464703.png

No shipping or tracking info has been posted yet, and he keeps ignoring me
1668972494151.png

Started to get a bit suspicious. Had a buddy message him about the pickup. Note that nowhere does it state there are multiple pickups in his listing:
1668972538564.png

I've reached out to him multiple times. He's been ignoring me despite being seen recently on the forums:
1668979882233.png

Who wants to bet I just got scammed by @VanMalmsteen over a stupid guitar pickup? I have accounts on all major shipping services that alert me to packages heading to my address, so I can tell it was never sent out. Literally only bought this thing as a Christmas present for a friend who is just starting out with guitar. Happy Holidays to me, I guess. Guess I'll be contacting PayPal...

Edit: Will delete this thread if tracking shows up or I'm refunded. Either/or I'm fine with.

Attachments

• 1668972575432.png
    1668972575432.png
    17 KB · Views: 65
  • 1668979700994.png
    1668979700994.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Oh this is instant ban material.

Sorry you’re getting fucked over by this dumbass for something as stupid as a pickup. That’s a dumb way to get banned from RT.

Hope you’ve been doing well Tom!

Oh this is instant ban material.

Sorry you’re getting fucked over by this dumbass for something as stupid as a pickup. That’s a dumb way to get banned from RT.

Hope you’ve been doing well Tom!
Hey Matt! Yeah, besides this event, things are pretty well. Haven't been on forums much lately. Just kinda do my own thing these days usually. Been enjoying seeing pics of your family and the huskies you post on FB :)

Hey Matt! Yeah, besides this event, things are pretty well. Haven't been on forums much lately. Just kinda do my own thing these days usually. Been enjoying seeing pics of your family and the huskies you post on FB :)
They’re all good girls. Love them to death ❤️You ever want to chat guitar stuff over there or here don’t be a stranger :cheers:

Really? You bought a pickup from me and Indod t respond over the weekend and I’m a scammer? Dude, your $50 pickup will get to you. Scammer, seriously?

Really? You bought a pickup from me and Indod t respond over the weekend and I’m a scammer? Dude, your $50 pickup will get to you. Scammer, seriously?
So like, where's the tracking? And how can you sell the same pickup twice? I've literally seen you login every single day at all kinds of odd hours ignoring my PMs, too.

So like, where's the tracking? And how can you sell the same pickup twice? I've literally seen you login every single day at all kinds of odd hours ignoring my PMs, too.
Would you like a refund, I can do that right now. This is ridiculous man, truly.

Truly ridiculous? You tried to take my money after taking his money for the same pickup. Own up and return the money.
Same pickup? You guys running with assumptions again. I have four Stratocasters and I use that pickup in all of them. I’ve got about 9 pickups here. Don’t assume, know

Same pickup? You guys running with assumptions again. I have four Stratocasters and I use that pickup in all of them. I’ve got about 9 pickups here. Don’t assume, know
Assume no tracking is the same as shipped or?

It’s not hard to answer PMs or state ahead of time how many are being sold. Shady is shady regardless of intentions.

Wow. This is stupid. Bye. When your pedals show up I hope you all feel stupid.

Fuxk you guys and Rig Talk.

If your ahit doesn’t show tomorrow I’ll refund you guys in full. Scammer I am not, but RT is gonna run with the narrative it chooses. Now there will be zero responses from you until delivery.

Enjoy the gossip, fuckers.

Wow. This is stupid. Bye. When your pedals show up I hope you all feel stupid.

Fuxk you guys and Rig Talk.

If your ahit doesn’t show tomorrow I’ll refund you guys in full. Scammer I am not, but RT is gonna run with the narrative it chooses. Now there will be zero responses from you until delivery.

Enjoy the gossip, fuckers.

Aw. Poor baby couldn't handle being called out on his bullshit.

Didn't realize it was this hard to get refunded. Could have even deleted the post, and it would all be water under the bridge...

Back