So Mick Mars retired....

PUT on your z
What exactly is he posing as? A monster guitar player who gets to do what he loves for a living?

While I’m not the biggest fan of his, “sloppy” is the last word I’d use to describe his playing, if anything I don’t dig his playing because it’s way too sterile and clean.
You can rock out with your John 5 shirt and hang up your John 5 fan club glossy.
I Stand by my comments.
Seen plenty of slop and uninspiring clips.
Party on fan boi.

Agree....not only is he a riff monster, but for him to tour while dealing with the extreme pain that his disease causes, wow. Can't imagine. In order to deal with that pain, most people would have to take so many pain meds they'd be close to comatose.
Love or hate the 80s, Mick wrote some of the most recognized riffs ever.
Super Kool gear

What exactly is he posing as? A monster guitar player who gets to do what he loves for a living?

While I’m not the biggest fan of his, “sloppy” is the last word I’d use to describe his playing, if anything I don’t dig his playing because it’s way too sterile and clean.

I can’t detect any ”slop” in this.

Agreed on all counts. I'm not a big fan of his, but c'mon... you just can't use the word "sloppy" when describing that dude.

I will continue to laugh at John 5 fan boiz
He reminds me of Beavis and Butthead
When they do mouth solos.
Widdelley wow Widdeley wow.
Most of his stuff makes no musical sense it is just fast random notes not too far off from Kerry King.
Hey if that floats your boat and it pleases your ears , by all means crank it up and party on !

I will continue to laugh at John 5 fan boiz
He reminds me of Beavis and Butthead
When they do mouth solos.
Widdelley wow Widdeley wow.
Most of his stuff makes no musical sense it is just fast random notes not too far off from Kerry King.
Hey if that floats your boat and it pleases your ears , by all means crank it up and party on !

I'm calling it now.. just like Zakk is butchering Dime's rythms and leads, John 5 is going to make Motley sound sterile and boring. Mick played behind the beat a lot it seems, never right on it. That accentuated Tommy's drumming. I think John is going to sound like a metronome and look like a dork up there in some long medical coat or something. Like the Dr. Feelgood chicks... except a dude with his tele up in his neck.

I'm calling it now.. just like Zakk is butchering Dime's rythms and leads, John 5 is going to make Motley sound sterile and boring. Mick played behind the beat a lot it seems, never right on it. That accentuated Tommy's drumming. I think John is going to sound like a metronome and look like a dork up there in some long medical coat or something. Like the Dr. Feelgood chicks... except a dude with his tele up in his neck.
That's a great assessment of this, and a great prediction too, far more on point than the dude here who's saying he plays sloppy just because he doesn't like him. I think Motley should've stuck to their retirement promise and John5 should continue to do whatever it is that he does. I could totally see him doing the medical coat thing too. :hys:

Do you need to show us on a doll where John5 hurt you?

I heard he’s really into big tits, did he get you confused with a groupie?
Calm down.
It's ok you can keep your John 5 life sized poster above your bed.
What you do is your business.
Don't cry they have kleenex for that.
Maybe Santa will bring you more John 5 stuff.

Hard to nail down what it is that allows some folks to remain entirely authentic and completely cool at any age while others come off looking contrived and desperate. A great example is Brian Setzer. Every single day of his life he dresses like it’s 1958 whether he’s on stage or going to the grocery store. And he could not possibly look any cooler. Very few people can pull that off and it boils down to genuine authenticity. I caught Whitesnake a few tours back when Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach were on the tour and the entire band looked so relaxed and so cool and so comfortable in their own skin. And they played like absolute MF’ers. Compare that with the most recent iteration of the Crue with all of the pleather and platform boots and make up and the same old ’get drunk and get laid’ schtick from the late 80s and it all looks really forced and contrived. That and 300 pound Vince stumbling around on stage chanting along random made up lyrics(?)

All credit to Mick for his signature sound and extremely catchy, groovy riffs. His hooks are what sold millions of albums for that band. Vince had the keys to the kingdom handed to him - look at those early photos: fit, tan, good looking, and a super unique voice that could hit the signature notes. His solo albums were cool. He took all that for granted and threw away his voice and health partying, eating, drinking, etc. At 300 lbs with no voice, it just doesn’t work any more.
The Golden Rule: If you look like you're trying too hard then you're trying too hard. Period.

Nowhere is this truer when millionaires are trying to dress like they're part of an underground scene.

Reactions: PDC
Yes I would agree Niki was pretty much the main writer.
Although I believe Mick wrote Dr Feelgood, Girls, girls , girls and a few other songs as well as songs for other musicians.

Back