Who's into Disco ?

If you channeled your mark series hate into something constructive, you would have more money than Elon musk.

I don’t hate the mark series at all, I hate the pedigree they attract for very little reason in reality. Or how people just believe things or don’t believe things automatically. Like take for instance, glenn frickers “new v30” video…. There’s no new Fucking v30, and celestion didn’t send him “a new one” to try out…. It’s an absolute fact that it’s completely bs…. But yet, now everyone believes there is a new v30 in internet world, and that myth will carry on for years and years for sure. This is a small example, but it’s the point of the matter.

Inside scoop has it that the Mark VII will be solar powered, capable of running any type of octal power tube, is auto-biasing, has no controls other than on/off and a proprietary neuro-receiver capable of adjusting any tonal and sonic characteristics of the amp purely by reading the mind of the player… with zero latency. The entire tonal spectrum of every version of Mark amps is embedded in the system and awaits your deep thought commands. Auto-tune eliminates any clams, making you a perpetual rawk gawd.

Can we hear some in the room comparisons between the mark 6 and mark 7? Absolutely no microphones please, just a killer iPhone. Will it sounds as bland and mediocre as the 2C++++++LGBTQ1&$283636 model? When can I send it to retired mike B for “upgrades”? Will the mark 6 and mark 7 actually be used on its own for meaningful records?
Dunno bout on records, but Jennifer Batten put her Mk III to good use live with Michael Jackson. I couldn't gel with it, or any Mark, but never was able to crank em. Surely won't be looking at a vii. Doesn't mean much.

The thing I want most out of a hypothetical Mark VI, whenever it might come out, is the return of two gain knobs per high gain channel. I don't care if the control panel is so crowded that they have to use concentric pots to fit them both on there, do whatever you need to make it work.

I don't know why that extra gain knob adds so much to the Mark series for me but it absolutely does.

There's a whole lot of other stuff I could daydream about them adding but I'm assuming that whatever they do, they're not going to reinvent the wheel here.

JCM/JVM 3000 820
Have you heard Chevelle's latest album NIRATIUS? It sounds fucking huge. Great tones and songwriting on that album... the bass tone is unbelievable as well. Anything produced by Joe Baressi sounds great IMO.
what amp is on that album ? Guitar tones are incredible

I don’t hate the mark series at all, I hate the pedigree they attract for very little reason in reality. Or how people just believe things or don’t believe things automatically. Like take for instance, glenn frickers “new v30” video…. There’s no new Fucking v30, and celestion didn’t send him “a new one” to try out…. It’s an absolute fact that it’s completely bs…. But yet, now everyone believes there is a new v30 in internet world, and that myth will carry on for years and years for sure. This is a small example, but it’s the point of the matter.

TOAN IS IN THE SPEAKER BECAUSE THE YOUTUBE SKEPTIC™ GLENN FRICKER TOLD ME SO, THATS WHY I SOLD ALL OF MY NICE GIBSONS THAT ARE OVERPRICED FOR JUNK MADE OVERSEAS BY LITERAL SLAVES WITH SUICIDE NETS GLENN IS VERY SMART

That album is a tone monster !
The North Corridor and NIRATIUS are tone monsters. When I see vids of Chevelle playing "Self Destructor" live it sounds exactly like the album, plus in the video for the song he's using a Mark IV, that's why I assume he probably just used a Mark IV to track that album, but I haven't read any interviews on it. It definitely sounds like it. All of the tones sound Markish to my ears. There's a few sections in the song Self Destructor where there's a fuzz tone too, it sounds like he blended his regular tone with a fuzz tone.

On the North Corridor he said he used the JP2C a lot, as well as a IV. On La Gargola he used a Diezel D-moll I think a bit?? or maybe Hagen? but the one amp he's used on nearly every album is the Mark IV. He also said he doesn't care for the Mark V too much because there's some sounds he can't get out of it.

That's an awfully broad brush you're obsessed with painting people with.

Back