PANTERA - Full Concert Live @ Hell & Heaven Metal Fest, Mexico, DEC 2, 2022

You lost me at Ola. Seriously, you're comparing him to Zack or Dimebag? What a joke!

No.. I think you are missing the point. The point is that Zakk can technically do better than he is doing but he's happy with who gives a f-ck squealy squealy just because he is a name behind a reunion of a band which isn't the two most important members. Everyone craps on YJM for good reason but he's in good company with guys like Zakk who are in the same lane.

As for Ola, technically, I think he's a much more evolved and cleaner player than Zakk. I'd stand behind that statement all day. I'm not a fan of his channel but he can play. I'm not suggesting he replace Zakk, I think Zakk should get in the woodshed and work on those leads as the tour goes on.

I think Zakk will figure it out. I'm sure his main goal was getting the songs down and the solo, while it stands out the most, is a small percentage of the actual song. He had Walk down well enough. I'm sure he'll get most of them to that point as the tour goes on. They might even be playing 5 less songs once they're with Metallica.
I'd love to be proven wrong .. if he sharpens it up great. But not holding my breath. Also I am calling it now, these guys will write an album and maybe release it as PANTERA as a " Tribute". lol.

I still say they should have just started this as a new band, do a pantera “tribute” in the set every night and that would have been cool.

Thanks, guys. In memory of my brother Dimebag, just smoke and mirrors to that guy, he would have rocked this tune.

Weird fact, I used to go to school with a kid who used to claim he wrote Pantera's music. This was at the American school in Sri Lanka. His name was Nate Goggin, and we used to play baseball together. Often wonder where he is now. He left around the time his parents got divorced. Boy, that was a weird school, and country to boot.

Back