VH2 Switching Channels Intermittently

merkaba

Hi guys I’m looking for some help.

I recently picked up a new Diezel VH2 . It’s a great amp and it sounds killer. But it occasionally will momentarily switch from channel 2 to channel 1 and back again.

It doesn’t seem to happen unless the foot switch is connected so I’m wondering if it’s likely the foot switch that’s faulty or if I need to get my amp looked at?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Are there any quick connects inside the amp for the switching circuit that might have come loose or the wires within said connector coming loose/intermittent?

Just an idea.

Are there any quick connects inside the amp for the switching circuit that might have come loose or the wires within said connector coming loose/intermittent?

Just an idea.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I was reluctant to open it up until I heard from the place I bought it from but I might take a look and see if it is something like you suggested.

I am not having much luck getting info on this fault. I contacted the dealer and am still waiting for a response. I think I’ll have to return the amp.

I have tried a different foot switch and it has the same issue. Both the channel and master LED’s randomly flicker/alternate when the foot switch is engaged but not if there’s no foot switch connected. I suspect it’s a fault in the foot switch jack or circuit.

I tried cleaning the foot switch jack but it makes no difference. I’m disappointed as it’s brand new and I’m not getting much back from the store it was purchased from. They asked if I have tried a different lead :/

Anyone from Diezel that could chime in on this?

Hi guys I’m looking for some help.

I recently picked up a new Diezel VH2 . It’s a great amp and it sounds killer. But it occasionally will momentarily switch from channel 2 to channel 1 and back again.

It doesn’t seem to happen unless the foot switch is connected so I’m wondering if it’s likely the foot switch that’s faulty or if I need to get my amp looked at?

Any advice would be appreciated!
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/vh2-footswitch-lag-issue-normal.235411/#post-2662387

Not sure I fully understand your issue.

I had an issue with my brand new one. See link above. Delay when I pressed the foot switch, or would change master instead of channel.

Returned it. New one worked fine. I kept the original until a new one was at my retailer and ready to deliver. Otherwise no amp for months. But supplies may have gotten better for an immediate swap.

The shop could not reproduce my issue but I had a video of the delay impact.

I will say the other week after 9 months or so, the newest one did repeat this issue but only once and hadn't happened again. Knock on wood.

Hi , thanks for the reply and thread link. That’s interesting!

Mine is basically switching channels / masters on its own without touching the foot switch or channel switch on the front of the amp.

It only happens momentarily and then switches back again so I’m thinking it’s either the jack or maybe the switching relays that are causing the problem.

It works fine if there’s nothing plugged into the foot switch jack.

I sent a video of the fault to the store I bought it from and I’m waiting to hear back.

If it’s likely just a bad jack I would take it to a tech but if it’s something more involved I’m thinking I should probably just send it back as it was liked that out of the box on the first day .

I appreciate your input!

Hi , thanks for the reply and thread link. That’s interesting!

Mine is basically switching channels / masters on its own without touching the foot switch or channel switch on the front of the amp.

It only happens momentarily and then switches back again so I’m thinking it’s either the jack or maybe the switching relays that are causing the problem.

It works fine if there’s nothing plugged into the foot switch jack.

I sent a video of the fault to the store I bought it from and I’m waiting to hear back.

If it’s likely just a bad jack I would take it to a tech but if it’s something more involved I’m thinking I should probably just send it back as it was liked that out of the box on the first day .

I appreciate your input!
Mine did a couple of things. Started out as a delay in channel switching. Then I have a video of me hitting the master and the channel switched and a few seconds later switched back. But I never hit channel I hit the master. This was all with the foot switch.

Can't get the video to upload, too big for server it says. Otherwise I'd show it to you

Where did you buy it from? If they have another in stock I'd swap it out. Or do what I did and get a swap out but keep that one until they have one in stock to swap.

I bought through Chondro and they were fantastic. They dealt with the US Diezel supplier and said look this is new he should not have to send it off for repair and should not have to return it with no amp until a new one comes.

Chondro or Deziel picked up the shipping. I paid nothing.

Fight for that.

FYI- they said it was a chip issue.

"I heard back from Diezel and Boutique Amps Distribution. It sounds like there's an issue with a chip in the amp that's causing the problem. "

Thank you Anxiety Serum. That’s really helpful information. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I’m going to contact my local tech and Diezel directly as well and see if they think it’s the chip and if it’s easily fixable . The store tech guys still haven’t replied and I’m being told I need to drop it off at the courier myself if I want to return it :/

I’m a bit bummed out to say the least so I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Definitely a bummer. It's a killer amp and worth it in the end. But if it's brand new, the shop should pay to return it. You got it and it didn't work...it's a lemon (kind of). Even if it can be fixed, you shouldn't have to send your brand new amp to be fixed. If it's a simple local fix that they'd pay for that's one thing. But if you got to send it to BAD/Diezel in CA that's different.

I told the guys at my retailer I didn't want to sent it away to get repaired given it happened day 1 or two of ownership. Yes it's warranty covered but I'd rather swap for a new one than lose my amp for 4-6 weeks or maybe longer while I wait for a fix through BAD....Deizels USA distributor. My shop I ordered from agreed.

If you bought from a licensed shop and they aren't helpful, I'd work with your credit card company and explain what you got was broken on delivery. Force a refund and free return shipping and order another VH2 from somewhere else.

These things are too expensive to not work out of the box. Hope the distributor didn't just repackage my 1st amp and sell it without fixing.

Hey, have you found anything out about this?

I was having the problem you describe about 6 months ago and now the footswitch stopped working entirely. In fact, I can't even change channels with the switch on the face of the amp when the footswitch is plugged in. When nothing is connected to the footswitch jack, the switch on the amp works fine.

My amp is several years old and I'm not sure how to get it serviced! I did send an email to Diezel but haven't heard back yet.

Hi, unfortunately I had to return the amp.

I was going to order a replacement but as I didn’t get any response from Diezel I’m still not sure what the issue was and took the refund

I hope you can get it fixed up

Hey, have you found anything out about this?

I was having the problem you describe about 6 months ago and now the footswitch stopped working entirely. In fact, I can't even change channels with the switch on the face of the amp when the footswitch is plugged in. When nothing is connected to the footswitch jack, the switch on the amp works fine.

My amp is several years old and I'm not sure how to get it serviced! I did send an email to Diezel but haven't heard back yet.
I didn't have any issues changing channels with the front panel. I always wondered if it was an issue with the foot switch. Since it's the only way to change the master, that I know of, I could not test that theory with the volume. But there was never a delay when using the panel, only the foot switch

Try ordering a new foot switch and see if that helps first.

Just wanted to follow up and say that Peter and Blad at Diezel have been extremely helpful and are working towards getting this resolved ASAP. Have been VERY impressed with their customer service thus far. Will follow up again once it’s fixed and let you know what the problem was (initial thought process is the control board for the foot switch).

Back