Voodoo Amps

Finally got the amp back in the mail today. not only was it untouched, it was in the original package I sent it in unopened. I am actually more disappointed in that than I am in the fact he never touched or did any work on the amp. Crazy but at least I got it back.
I am glad you got your amp back though. A lot of better mod choices these days. Kinda crazy to see Trace big timing people when a lot of these same guys were the ones giving him business in the beginning. I forget who said it but something to the effect of "Treat people well on your way up, because you will see them again on your way down"

Finally got the amp back in the mail today. not only was it untouched, it was in the original package I sent it in unopened. I am actually more disappointed in that than I am in the fact he never touched or did any work on the amp. Crazy but at least I got it back.
Such B.S. I hate hearing stories like this.

A business is a business regardless if it is guitars, amps, food, or even the military. The hardest part of a business is not the product oflr wondering if will sell, it is making sure you follow thru.

Not trying to slam the guy even though some people think he deserves it, but Mark Cameron could be a household name like Friedman if he had a good business model. There were tons of us here on the forum that love that tone. It is unfortunate what happened.

My experience with Voodoo and Trace was entirely different. Sorry that it’s come to this. I think his wife handled a lot of the business end and kept him on task and focused. After her passing things seemed to go into a downward spiral as far as mods and customer support/service for regular folk.

My experience with Voodoo and Trace was entirely different. Sorry that it’s come to this. I think his wife handled a lot of the business end and kept him on task and focused. After her passing things seemed to go into a downward spiral as far as mods and customer support/service for regular folk.
At one point after hearing all this Voodoo stories this came to my mind as well. Wifes, when having a good sense of management, can keep a man on track. Men tend to say fuck it if they have no responsibility to anyone other than themselves (=no wife, no children to feed).
He probably just choose to live the Rockstar/Roadie life.
Of course this is no defence to his behaviour, but being able to build up a reputable business over years and then all of a sudden going down that way, makes me think that behind the scenes something changed.

I would count your blessings here and never deal with that guy again. So many crooks out there now. So many people have no morals and no sense of responsibility.

Glad you got your amp back.

I had an almost identical experience with Vic from Mojave amps a few years ago.
He had my amp for about 8 months and never touched it.

In all fairness, he always answered my emails, but somehow couldn’t muster up the balls to just tell me the mod on my Coyote was never gonna happen? Really strange that he ever agreed to do the job.

Glad you got your amp back.

I had an almost identical experience with Vic from Mojave amps a few years ago.
He had my amp for about 8 months and never touched it.

In all fairness, he always answered my emails, but somehow couldn’t muster up the balls to just tell me the mod on my Coyote was never gonna happen? Really strange that he ever agreed to do the job.
I never thought his amps sounded that good anyway. Too dark, rolled off & smooth imo vs Marshall’s, kinda like Friedman’s in that regard, but maybe not quite as unraw

I never thought his amps sounded that good anyway. Too dark, rolled off & smooth imo vs Marshall’s, kinda like Friedman’s in that regard, but maybe not quite as unraw
I wouldn’t disagree. I did have a Mojave Peacemaker with a Mod5 in it that was very fun to play.
That particular amp had the ability to make your G,B and high E strings sound thicker and beefier than most amps I’ve owned. Very unique in that regard. Not high gain, but had a great feel to it.

I was spellbound by the Mojave video clips very early on when he first started building. There wasn’t nearly as many options as now.

Back