Troll thread LOL Friedman content Too many knobs and switches

The 74 that I’ve built is tuned to just sound right to my ears. No switches. Could I have added a ton of features and Swiss cheesed the chassis? Sure. However I wanted the sleeper front look combined with the idea that a good amp should just sound good - think 5150 mindset.

With that said my XTC is set it and forget it to me. I was in that playing with features mode dialing in the amp for a week or two and eventually found a setting that works for me and a few others that have asked for settings.

I've had two Friedmans (with EL84s), a Friedman modded Marshall, BE OD pedal, etc. but for some reason I never even considered that amp. Just seemed like I would have been overwhelmed by all the knobs, etc.

Think of how many people bought the original without all of the options in switching, and later got curious and wanted to mod them.

I have a couple deluxe‘s, I found out that most of the switches are always turned off for my go to sounds and then I just don’t screw with it. I’m more likely to turn the gain or tone knobs down or up before I am to screw with the switches after playing with them a few times, but I’ll never feel the need to ship it in for the various mods 🤷‍♂️

Never had a reason to complain about options even if I don’t end up using them all

Back