What would you do?

• Sell the MX now

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Keep because 5 yrs. from now you'll get $20k

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
I'd sell it. Maybe they go up from here but how much? Sure there may be a number of Metallica fans who would be willing to pay this or more, but how many could actually afford it?

All it takes is a couple aging metallica fans in a worldwide market to come into money to scoop a couple up and there goes skyrocketing prices

Just set a reminder in my phone to check this thread on this date in 2028, I’ll predict now one has sold for $21k

Wow, I have a white one just like that. It plays amazing and is a great guitar, but for $13k??? DAMN!!! I agree, they will continue to become more unattainable. Kind of like KL Explorers. Used to be able to find them, now, good luck.

dudes are paying $7k a pop right now to go to a metallica meet and greet for 10 minutes this tour, you guys really think this guitar which to me is "the" hetfield guitar is gonna go down in value? theres a better chance metallica puts out something new worth listening to than that happening
I have nothing against gay people, but paying $7k to meet some dudes in a band is pretty much the gayest thing I can imagine without having actual gay sex.

What about it makes it one-off?

If you have next to no attachment to it then sell it. If you're on the fence then don't, it'll be harder to find another one for a reasonable price.

Your ESP is amazing dude! I would just ask yourself if you need the money or not, and if you have the means to keep and maintain it then keep it.

Some instruments just deliver like nothing else, and if the guitar has that kind of mojo then it is priceless IMO.

Thanks everyone. Decided to go a bit against the grain and keep it for now.

Interestingly enough, the person that made the $13k offer appears to be a member of RT. They called me "Fordman65" via a reverb message, which I frankly found a bit odd. This is the only place I recall referencing this guitar so I surmise they're reading this. Was that supposed to be some sort of "gotcha" moment? If so, 🤣
Rig Talk has gear wolves lurking in every pack

Do what you gotta do, Sally..

crying-tears-toddler-sad-baby-unhappy.jpg

Maple neck, Brazilian rosewood fretboard and the body is 3mm thicker. Would love to throw a nice piece of black diamond plate on it and basically have a legit JH2. Not like the bolt ons that are out there
thanks for that, I do like a thicker body, I could never sit comfy with an Ibanez S series I played once..

just a quick, probably stupid question, but none of those esp mx explorers are made in america right? All of them are made in japan right? Trying to settle an argument with a friend :geek:

Should hit up Metallica management and see if James would offer ya some big coin for it? He's a gear whore...cars and gear. Then again, he probably gets axes handed to him free.

Back