What would you do?

• Sell the MX now

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Keep because 5 yrs. from now you'll get $20k

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Long term, a R9 and the right 2 Strats will still have a bigger market long term than the ESP is my thoughts. I’d grab the cash

Dude, sell. With the fed keeping rates this high for a year straight there’s zero way we get out of it without a recession. Cost of goods is going to crash with any improvement a long ways away. The gear market is already rapidly declining.

I'd let it go for $13k. That's at the price point that it going down is probably more likely than it going up in the near future.

Lol. Kept it. That’s my plan.
A esp custom shop Japan guitar starting point as of last year was 7k and a waiting period of 2 years. Add in there no longer making them even there off brands like edwards isn’t making them. There will always be someone out there looking for a Hatfield explorer. Period. Look at the price of those Esp ouija guitars! Have you seen the price of those “ever” fall? No.
I’ve watched those and the explorer do nothing but rise in value. And they’ll continue to rise.

dudes are paying $7k a pop right now to go to a metallica meet and greet for 10 minutes this tour, you guys really think this guitar which to me is "the" hetfield guitar is gonna go down in value? theres a better chance metallica puts out something new worth listening to than that happening

That's a rough choice. I can't believe the market has gotten that crazy. Yours isn't the "typical" MX, but still. I don't know what I'd decide to do.

I'd sell it. Maybe they go up from here but how much? Sure there may be a number of Metallica fans who would be willing to pay this or more, but how many could actually afford it? What about if the economy gets much worse? I doubt it's a situation where if you sell it for 13k now, you will be kicking yourself in a few years because you could have gotten twice as much or something crazy like that. $13k is already pretty crazy.

I'd sell it especially because it looks super clean and if you actually play them, explorers are easier than the average guitar to bang up, so knowing its value I'd end up not wanting to ever play it unless I decided firmly that I never wanted to sell it.

Back