What is the deal with Morris amps ?

I've owned a Perplex'd and Grinder. They're awesome amps. I've spoken to Glen several times on phone and email. Real nice guy but not sure if he's that accessible anymore. The ONLY issue I had with their amps is they're in Canada and they're just a small family business. However, I know they support their products. It's just that shipping costs have become so absurd that I only buy amps if there's a local repair shop that can fix them. I was considering picking up another Perplex'd but don't see them very often. The last one I saw was an older model and the price was too high.
The Grinder is an amp you never hear about because people usually discuss the Perplex'd, but it was a killer amp for sure. I wouldn't describe it as characteristically an American or British tone, but perhaps more of the latter. It's a very versatile amp.
The Perplex'd was updated at some point, perhaps around 2016 or 2017, can't remember, but it sounded really good. I haven't kept up since then but I think he came out with a small variety of that version. I'm honestly not interested in Amy more bells and whistles because the Perplex'd I had couldn't sound any better and was adequate at very reasonable volumes.

Last edited:
I've owned a Perplex'd and Grinder. They're awesome amps. I've spoken to Glen several times on phone and email. Real nice guy but not sure if he's that accessible anymore. The ONLY issue I had with their amps is they're in Canada and they're just a small family business. However, I know they support their products. It's just that shipping costs have become so absurd that I only buy amps if there's a local repair shop that can fix them. I was considering picking up another Perplex'd but don't see them very often. The last one I saw was an older model and the price was too high.

Isn't that Perplex'd S3 still for sale in classified? I think it's the same one that's been on Reverb for a bit. I'm honestly surprised it's still sitting there. I guess not as many people as I thought know about them.

Just an update: I tried out your settings and they sound great. I ALSO picked up a BOSS SD-1 and WOW this totally is a game changer for me, it turns this amp into a perfect old school thrash hot rodded Marshall tones on the AC rhythm ch, and DC ch for leads.. the SD1 tightens up and cuts some lows to make it very nice, and retains a very open huge sound still. Very impressed with this amp.
Glad to hear that amp is working out for you.

I have the Mojo, one with the Joe Perry etched leather covering. It has two channels. It's a blend of Marshall and Vox. It's a players amp the way he made the channels. One allows you less gain, more like a Fender, which is really helpful. You can set the volumes for each. That MAC control is great. It does a great a job of getting cranked sounds at lower volume. It's built so well too. It's hard to believe he doesn't get more attention. He's a great dude to talk to. Very generous with information.

Never owned a Morris amp but I did own one of his tube overdrive pedals which Glen doesn’t make anymore
Great Marshall tones!

I'd like to sell my Mojo, but his brand is so under the radar, I'd be better off just keeping it. I doubt there's a lot of demand out there for them. If people knew, that would be a different story.

I have some other gear from another unknown brand, the guy who made the Ultimate Attenuator. He made me tiny Class D amp before they were popular. Also made me a re-amp device where I could take a low power amp (like a princeton), run it through a cab, and have more power. Like Bad Cat's device, forgot the name.

I'd like to sell my Mojo, but his brand is so under the radar, I'd be better off just keeping it. I doubt there's a lot of demand out there for them. If people knew, that would be a different story.

I have some other gear from another unknown brand, the guy who made the Ultimate Attenuator. He made me tiny Class D amp before they were popular. Also made me a re-amp device where I could take a low power amp (like a princeton), run it through a cab, and have more power. Like Bad Cat's device, forgot the name.
I expect the demand to increase once he releases his latest UK’78 model. I’ve already ordered one to go with my other Morris amps. It’s essentially a 78’ JMP/800 with his excellent master, effects loop, and 3 way bright switch added. No ridiculous tone-sucking mods or added gain stages. Glen said it is meant to be boosted.

This one will likely appeal more to this crowd. Even though the SIRROM should as well.

I expect the demand to increase once he releases his latest UK’78 model. I’ve already ordered one to go with my other Morris amps. It’s essentially a 78’ JMP/800 with his excellent master, effects loop, and 3 way bright switch added. No ridiculous tone-sucking mods or added gain stages. Glen said it is meant to be boosted.

This one will likely appeal more to this crowd. Even though the SIRROM should as well.
How would the SIRROM compare to a Mesa Mark IIC or early Mark III?

Man I'm surprised no one talks about the Morris Muscle 69'/70. Best master volume I've ever used and its just a straight up rock machine. No thrills or bs. I love my cameron 2204, but this is my go to amp for the past 2yrs! If someone has owned the 69'/70 and they found something they like better let me know so I can check it out!

I'll take the Sirrom 100 off your hands to help fund your 69/70. PM if interested!

I have never had these on my radar until today. I checked out his website. he has a lot of cool heads. I like how he goes into great details to describe all the features and what they do/affect.

@EyesOfTheSouth!

Now that I've listened to every clip of the Sirrom I could find, I do think I'm liking the voicing of the 69/70 more, but I like the aggression of the Sirrom.

Do you find the Sirrom custom 60 voice to me more in line with the 69/70?

Thanks!

@EyesOfTheSouth!

Now that I've listened to every clip of the Sirrom I could find, I do think I'm liking the voicing of the 69/70 more, but I like the aggression of the Sirrom.

Do you find the Sirrom custom 60 voice to me more in line with the 69/70?

Thanks!
Not really. They are completely different animals. I guess my 60watt can be dialed in “closer” to the 69/70 than the 100watt because it has an additional mini pot that allows for more control over the gain. But both SIRROMS are tighter and more modern sounding……as they are meant to be. The 69/70 has tons of gain as well, but it is more open and raw sounding.

I prefer to use OD’s pedals to push Marshall type amps rather than have the front end modded. The 69/70 almost had too much gain for me to do this without mushing up the preamp. Hence why I have the UK78 on order.

Not really. They are completely different animals. I guess my 60watt can be dialed in “closer” to the 69/70 than the 100watt because it has an additional mini pot that allows for more control over the gain. But both SIRROMS are tighter and more modern sounding……as they are meant to be. The 69/70 has tons of gain as well, but it is more open and raw sounding.

I prefer to use OD’s pedals to push Marshall type amps rather than have the front end modded. The 69/70 almost had too much gain for me to do this without mushing up the preamp. Hence why I have the UK78 on order.
The uk78 is the one i think about too

As long as the 69/70 is relatively tight on the low end, it sounds like what I'm after.

Back