First crack at the Mark VII Clips

Are the mids EQ always best below 9 oclock on this amp?
Just wondering what running them over noon does the the tone character.

Fuck it..I better buy one .
You should get a Kick back from Gibson. Or at least a free pack a Slash picks.

:LOL:
I mean not necessarily. I dunno it’s all taste and mood and cab etc. I’d say below noon as a general rule. There’s just so many variables with a mark amp you can kinda drive yourself crazy.

I’m staring at the mailbox waiting for my “drink more ovaltine” message from Gibson

Sounds like a guy who sounds a certain level of good no matter the amplifier.
What this does, is really displays how the channels & modes sound too similiar.

And the slow-motion grating AC⚡️DC
made me want to take a shit but I couldn’t..
-A bonifide “turtlehead”, thx man! LTFOL!!!!

THE BEST PART is the Telecaster clean part, —hands down.
WHY?
Because you were naked as rake and coming from a place of sincerity & honesty instead of bravado bullshit blah.-ENDGAME-

It’s a diet MK5 at it’s best.

And the Tool??
Maynard would have your ass for that.

You won’t ever get a RT Backrubb outta’ me.
99% of compliments are bullshit
In reality dude,
- you should thank me.

Last edited:
Sounds good. The footprint is what I am interesed in. I had a new JPC next to a Mark III++ 105 PT and the III++ destroyed it and made it sound thin and small, but that amp made my 2C++ sold on the small side but not as bad as the JPC. I sold it immediately. How does the VII stack up?
What iteration IIC+/++ was it exactly, this is hard to believe Gary.

Are the mids EQ always best below 9 oclock on this amp?
Just wondering what running them over noon does the the tone character.

Fuck it..I better buy one .
You should get a Kick back from Gibson. Or at least a free pack a Slash picks.

:LOL:
IME yeah, esp with the MV. Mids and bass almost always down low.

OP, great demo--you sold some amps with that

I mean not necessarily. I dunno it’s all taste and mood and cab etc. I’d say below noon as a general rule. There’s just so many variables with a mark amp you can kinda drive yourself crazy.

I’m staring at the mailbox waiting for my “drink more ovaltine” message from Gibson
On the Mark V and VII the lead channel doesn't have as much variables as a IIC+, III or a IV with all the pull pots, voicings, lead drive and such. I kinda like having all those options.

I find the mids control very subtle on most Marks. You can have it up high and still get a tight tone.
Yeah everything is pretty subtle on those amps agreed. I always tended to have M&B dialed down but I'm sure other settings can work well also--esp the mids. I can't imagine cranking that bass knob tho. Nothing like a marshall tone circuit that's for sure

So @Bxlxaxkxe, I went looking through your channel and I could be wrong but, and I’ll try to say this without trying to hype up the new amp as best I can, I think this Mark VII sounds the biggest, most modern, and most aggressive out of all the clips you've done. And that's even comparing against your clips of Wizard, VHT, Bogners, other Mark IIC+ amps, everything. Specifically I mean it seems to have the least 300-350-ish Hz boxiness (not that your other clips are boxy, just speaking comparatively), a bigger low end, and the most pronounced and aggressive upper mid spike out of anything on your channel. It’s tough to comment on the relative clarity and tightness compared to the other amps because that’s probably more of a feel thing, but for overall EQ signature stuff, well, there you go.

How much of that aggression relative to your other clips would you say is due to the cabs/IR's you're using? Did you use the same setup with the Mark VII as you did for all your other demos or have you tweaked your cab setup significantly over time?

Last edited:
So @Bxlxaxkxe, I went looking through your channel and I could be wrong but, and I’ll try to say this without trying to hype up the new amp as best I can, I think this Mark VII sounds the biggest, most modern, and most aggressive out of all the clips you've done. And that's even comparing against your clips of Wizard, VHT, Bogners, other Mark IIC+ amps, everything. Specifically I mean it seems to have the least 300-350-ish Hz boxiness (not that your other clips are boxy, just speaking comparatively), a bigger low end, and the most pronounced and aggressive upper mid spike out of anything on your channel. It’s tough to comment on the relative clarity and tightness compared to the other amps because that’s probably more of a feel thing, but for overall EQ signature stuff, well, there you go.

How much of that aggression relative to your other clips would you say is due to the cabs/IR's you're using? Did you use the same setup with the Mark VII as you did for all your other demos or have you tweaked your cab setup significantly over time?
Kinda funny that you mention this as I was just thinking about going back and listening to my C+ and IV clips to get an idea of them again. Would love to have those amps here to compare.

Then again, there’s some saying about comparison being the root of unhappiness and it does sometimes take away from the fun of just enjoying something for what it is. And yea- no major changes to anything for quite some time now.

But yea in terms of aggression- I’m not sure I’ve had anything that’s quite this aggressive- not that aggression is the #1 quality I look for. I’m going to spend some time today blasting this thing.

Back