First crack at the Mark VII Clips

@Bxlxaxkxe Interested in your VII settings. I'm familiar enough with the c+ and IV to get then sounding great. I'm struggling with the VII though. Very different from the other two.
It is its own Mark amp I’ve found. Voiced quite aggressively and modern. I find myself running the treble lower than other marks I’ve owned. Also, it can tolerate running the preamp bass much higher than other Marks- up to noon for high gain tones IME. I use the mids as more of a “feel control” for immediacy or give. I spent most of today playing the amp and thinks it’s fantastic. So many great tones to be pulled out of it. Also, I think 45 watt mode is just as good as 90, with its own tonal characteristics- little more sag, less mids- “hairier” sound that isn’t so up front. I’ve been running that for all 3 channels today and even 25w mode for IIB- shit that’s a killer combination

Thanks brother. Much appreciated. I'll tweeker it up tomorrow
Shit man just realized you
Meant VII mode not the amp in general. What’s tricky about it is that it’s so dissimilar to the traditional mark modes- so you’re kind of taken aback when you hear that big loose bottom end and fizzier top end compared to the “perfected” sounds in C+ and IV. I run treble at like 1 or 2 o’clock and bass around 11, mids lower. The key for me on this mode is to keep the gain at 1 or 2 o’clock at most- I’ve been setting it at 11 and boosting it. Too high and the low mids get so overcrowded it’s absurd. It has such a nice feel to it and big open chords grind in a really untraditional mark way- really nice change of pace to hear in a mark amp.

Back