Let's talk about our Rig.

1: Billy Bo style partscaster with rio grande filtertrons >3 monkeys Virgil> scumback 65w 4x12 cab

2: Gibson SG standard with David Allen Powerage pickups > khan pak ii > scumback bm75 2x12 cab

3: Strandberg Boden original 8 > synergy syn50 head with uberschall and pittbull modules > bbe sonic stomp pro in the loop> usually just my captor x

You're one of the only BBE guys on the forum except for me!

*Fistbumps*

I use a rack sonic maximizer with the Larry

red.gif
reported
red.gif

I have sinned!!!

97D6E1C0-EA3F-4810-9189-1660606D2404.jpeg

You're one of the only BBE guys on the forum except for me!

*Fistbumps*

I use a rack sonic maximizer with the Larry
I used a rack unit years back with an uberschall when I was gigging.

The newest pedal has a “focus” knob which is basically a mids knob, but it is killer for tightening up my 8 string chugga chuggas.

I used a rack unit years back with an uberschall when I was gigging.

The newest pedal has a “focus” knob which is basically a mids knob, but it is killer for tightening up my 8 string chugga chuggas.

I honestly think people just overdo it with the BBE, as well as using it with the wrong sort of rigs

A little goes a long way

1. Whaddaya got for your main rig?

Rehearsal Room rig:

Boogie Mark V 90-watt head, footswitch, and the Harley Benton G412A Celestion V30's with a Maxon OD808 in front of amp (Not being used right now) and a DigiTech RP360XP through the FX loop for effects only and use the pedal on it for solo boosts.

Live rig:

EVH 5150 III 50 Watt v2 6L6 head through my Marshall 1960A w/2 WGS Retro 30's and stock Celestion G12T75's in an X-pattern with my custom flight case pedalboard with a DigiTech RP360XP, Korg Pitchblack Pedal Tuner, Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless and 3 separate power supplies for all 3 units that all plug into a D'Addario Tour-Grade Power Base Power Strip that then goes to a Furman SS-6B 6-outlet Surge Suppressor Strip where the power cord form the EVH head with a Morley Hum Exterminator Ground Loop Hum Exterminator is plugged into that.

Home rig:

Has been my Line 6 Toneport UX1 USB recording interface hooked up to my HP Pavillion p6-2100 desktop computer in my bedroom through some Altec Lansing computer speakers (2 desktop speakers and small sub on floor) and I also have my Solano SLO Mini 30-watt solid state head running into my Marshall 1965A 4x10 Cab (Matching cab for my Marshall Artist 3203) in my bedroom right now too, no pedalboard, effects pedals, etc. currently hooked up to it.

2. What do you use for your secondary back up rig? None at the moment

C. And last of all, tell us in a few short words about rigs 3 through 350.... Can't think of a few short words, maybe "A Work In Progress"?

Last edited:
My actual current rig is very simple

Boss SD-1
Dunlop Wah
Modded 1974 Marshall 120W
Two 4x12 cabs with G12Ms
Damage Control Timeline in the loop always on mixed 20% wet

My long term rig involves a stereo setup with my Cameron 120W and a stereo rack I’m putting together. All of that is on hold as I’m house hunting this year.

1. Whaddaya got for your main rig? I want some juicy details! :2thumbsup:

2. What do you use for your secondary back up rig? :dunno:

C. And last of all, tell us in a few short words about rigs 3 through 350.... and hurry it up, my avocado toast is about to burn. :gethim:

:gethim::gethim:
Main rig:
Diezel VH4 (1998 blueface spec owned by Billy Corgan) > Diezel FL V30 4x12
Backup rig:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 > Diezel FL V30 4x12
These 2 layer so good together and now that i've got them both captured to Tonex i can take them and record them within minutes.

HZQLDun.jpg

Main rig: some sort of Les Paul shape guitar into a Suhr koko boost for for leads

Then I run both the 2203 and SE-100 into a 1960BV.

Yes quite excessive for a basement rig, no I don’t care. Use the 2203 cleaner and brighter for note separation, SE fills in the low end and adds some gain to thicken everything up. Thick as hell and punchy without losing any clarity.
8728F8F1-279F-4A31-A982-4BE626C9E868.jpeg

Current live amp rig ~ 2 Suhr PT100 half stacks w/ PT 412 cabs. 1 is primary, 2nd is backup.
Pedal board ~ tuner>CAE wah>KOT>Tri Avatar>Echoplex> in front of amp, Flight Time>Ambi Space> in the loop.
Guitars ~ LP Axcess, LP Gold Top, 79 White LPC and Warmoth parts mutt.
It does the job for current gig...

Hello @Dr. Tweedbucket! Glad to see you over on this forum!

Main rig
Guitars:
Knaggs SSC/ Anderson Drop Top Classic
Pedals before amp: Korg Pitch Black tuner, Digitech Drop, MXR Phase 95, J Rockett Rockaway Archer, Chase Tone Secret Pre
Pedals in FX loop: Eventide Micropitch, Strymon El Capistan, Boss DD8
Amp: Splawn Quickrod
Cab: EVH 2x12 with Scumback M75/ BM75 mix or Splawn 4x12 with a GB/ V30 mix

2nd Rig
Guitars:
Gibson LP Traditional, EVH Wolfgang Special, Fender Novento Tele
Pedals: Same as above but all in front of the amp
Amp: Straub Cantus
Cab: Same as above

Backup
Amp:
Friedman BE Mini

Last edited:
This is an old pic but the latest chain is Elsweyr Marshall (bottom left head under the Friedman SS) into a Rivera Mini RocRec load box and also has another speaker cable to a Suhr Iso Line out box. Suhr Line out to Alesis Q20 for delay/verb then into a Duncan Powerstage 200 into the two 4x12 on the left (all 70s GBs/CBs). The Elsweyr Marshall is a ‘69 Ed-spec homebrew variac’d to ~90vac.

IMG-20220220-165730.jpg

The guitar goes into the small pedalboard to right of silver FuzzFace…Vibe-Flanger-Phaser-Echo. I generally don’t boost or EQ it at all, at any stage.

4A15E848-0971-4A43-803E-500CE34E90F7.jpg

Last edited:
My bass rig is an Ampeg SVT 2 Pro for my main amp, which is in the shop. So, I'm using my backup, which is an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro. Both my practice and my gigging 8x10 cabs are vintage SVT cabs from the 70s. I also have ann Ampeg SVT CL as a backup right now.

For guitar I've been using a Mesa Mark V into a Rivera K412T and a Mesa Traditional 4x12 cab. I was using a Verellen Skyhammer, but it got demoted to my backup when I got the Mark V.

This is an old pic but the latest chain is Elsweyr Marshall (bottom left head under the Friedman SS) into a Rivera Mini RocRec load box and also has another speaker cable to a Suhr Iso Line out box. Suhr Line out to Alesis Q20 for delay/verb then into a Duncan Powerstage 200 into the two 4x12 on the left (all 70s GBs/CBs). The Elsweyr Marshall is a ‘69 Ed-spec homebrew variac’d to ~90vac.

IMG-20220220-165730.jpg

The guitar goes into the small pedalboard to right of silver FuzzFace…Vibe-Flanger-Phaser-Echo. I generally don’t boost or EQ it at all, at any stage.

4A15E848-0971-4A43-803E-500CE34E90F7.jpg

I’m a Fuzz Face junkie, what’s the story with yours?

Nothin’ RigTalk will approve of. :ROFLMAO:

7A065A26-4A8D-418C-930F-F255A3A8745E.jpeg

Live/living room rig is the FM9 into two 2x12’s (an old Mesa with Black Shadows and a Line 6 with WGS Retro 30’s)

I got a Bogner mini-head that I can’t even turn past 2 in my apartment and I’m not currently gigging. The DRRI in the corner doesn’t even get turned on because it’s fuckin’ pointless in the apartment.

Studio rig is just an AxeFX III.

I started buying a shitload of pedals last year with the intent of putting together a non-modeling rig, mainly going for Gilmour/EJ kinds of tones but all my gear enthusiasm starts running low when I’m excited about writing/recording, so it’s been on the back burner. I only keep that DRRI around for when I find another amp I can flip it for, but knowing it’ll just sit in the corner unused doesn’t make me too excited about the process.

Back