Want some EVH feel and tone?

Why are people obsessed with VH and playing and sounding like him?

I’m not impressed by any of these copycat guys.

By all means, keep clicking so they can pay the bills.
He is just the greatest and inspired 90% of guitar players from the 80 's. Even my son of 27 that plays 7 string crazy Periphery style music, is inspired by Ed and judes his solos (my son's) by Edward standards!!!!!!

There is a lot of mystique surrounding EVH. Always will.

This guy is pretty good but Al (stradazone) is next level. His screen name is fitting.

The video in op gets closer on the single-note stuff but the rhythms don't have any of the Eddie swing (or the sweetened tunings Ed used). Still pretty damn good and better than most.
Fully agree... Jacob's pretty good though......Al Estrada does seem to have more of the feel to Ed's style.
That Swing and behind the beat in and out of the pocket feel Ed had with Al's drumming on the rhythms was something only Ed and Al had.

Deraps is great, has the chops for sure and his own stuff is pretty solid too.

I concur that in a sea of Marshall type amps, those germino have the MOJO for " that" thing.

Agreed, I have the Germino Masonette, which I always figured was made as a sort of Eddie thing without going the long way around and building a 100W amp just to variac it. A little bit of extra squish from the tube rectifier, puts out about 30-35W cranked. Really is something special.

Why are people obsessed with VH and playing and sounding like him?

I’m not impressed by any of these copycat guys.

By all means, keep clicking so they can pay the bills.
It's not what I strive for in my own playing, but it's super fun to watch guys like this, who can pull it off well.

Back