It’s finally complete! My first ever guitar build!

JerEvil

So I started this about 10 months ago. It’s sat for the last 3 months or so just waiting for a control plate cover and final setup. I also swapped the bridge I originally had on there.

It had the Hipshot piano bridge but felt really weird under hand.

• Ash Body
• Mahogany neck
• Ebony fretboard
• Arcane Doom 90 pickups (15k bridge, 10.5k neck)
• Dunlop locking tuners
• Gotoh bridge
• All fretwork, level/crown/polish

Set up in D standard currently.

I did 90+ % of the build under the guidance of my buddy. This is one of his brands models. The brand is Margasa Custom and the model is the Kashmir. He’s also the owner/builder of Valkenburg USA of whom I have an Sig model.

But here’s what I actually did:
• Planed the wood by hand
• Cut the body
• All pickup and neck pocket routing
• Routed the German Carve
• Glued the neck
• Painted and relic’d all myself
• routed for and installed all hardware
• SOME of the wiring (poorly)

My bud actual cleaned up all my shit wiring as I can’t solder for fuck all. Overall I LOVE the guitar. I do call it a stripper though, as from the stage it’s hawt AF. Up close, it’s a little busted here and there! lol!

It was an amazing experience though and has definitely got me wanting to build more.

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3872.jpeg
    IMG_3872.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3876.jpeg
    IMG_3876.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3871.jpeg
    IMG_3871.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
That is really cool and I’m a sucker for red/black color combinations. Like the unique shape too as it straddles the line between single and double cutaway.

Congratulations, looks great!

Wish I had the time, patience and skills to do something like this.

Man that’s awesome. Congrats!! I bet that was fun and I bet it’s really fulfilling knowing it’s your baby.

I don’t think I could build one, I’d fuck it up and get frustrated. Soldering just takes practice. I sucked forever but I’m always swapping pickups, pots and switches so over time with practice I got better.

I've wanted to do this forever but with partscaster.. love that relic job! You've got a great eye.. that finish on back of neck too. Killer job. Throw an ESP or Friedman logo on it and it is worth 4K :D

That is really cool and I’m a sucker for red/black color combinations. Like the unique shape too as it straddles the line between single and double cutaway.
Yeah man me too on the red and black. I live this shape. Mine is the first one done with the German carve and it really makes it cool.

Congratulations, looks great!

Wish I had the time, patience and skills to do something like this.
I was pretty intimidated if I’m honest but me and my boy have a good relationship. He busted my balls the whole way! lol! We’re both Coast guys. I recorded a ton of the build… and now can’t find the footage! lol.

If I find it I’ll certainly throw it up on my channel.

Man that’s awesome. Congrats!! I bet that was fun and I bet it’s really fulfilling knowing it’s your baby.

I don’t think I could build one, I’d fuck it up and get frustrated. Soldering just takes practice. I sucked forever but I’m always swapping pickups, pots and switches so over time with practice I got better.
It was crazy fun. And man I’m totally mechanically challenged and I got it done. He made me do all of the work I did so I could actually learn from the experience. I even love the defects.

I've wanted to do this forever but with partscaster.. love that relic job! You've got a great eye.. that finish on back of neck too. Killer job. Throw an ESP or Friedman logo on it and it is worth 4K :D
Yeah man I LOVE how the back of the neck came out too. Thanks eh!

Reactions: rsm
You rule man! That looks great. Did you document it all on video so you could share your experience with us?

You rule man! That looks great. Did you document it all on video so you could share your experience with us?
Man I did and I was shitting my pants as I thought I lost a ton of it but found it just now.

I’m renaming all the files and getting it sorted by order. Vids VERY soon.

Holy shit! Going through the vids… there a LOT of potty talk! lol.

Me and my boy are both old ass New Englanders so a lot of jokes about buggering each others moms, dick jokes and general profanity…

I’m going to have to get some good “bleep” sounds for a lot of this…

Came out killer congrats on the build. Just picked up a Joker and really dig. I spoke to Daniel, will be meeting him in my home town as he's going to play drums for Pat Travers at Wildcat Guitars on the 23rd. He wants me to bring the Joker with me so he can check it out.

Back