Before there was EVH

Never was a big fan of country but there are certain country artists I like quite a bit. I got into it more in the last 10 years or so because I was desperate to hear some real musicians and real amps and drums and rock wasn't doing that anymore. My brain craved to hear a real kit and a mic'd up amp where I could tell if the guitar actually had different pickups. I'll put Outlaw Country and Bakersfield Beat (Satellite) on when I'm driving when I'm tired of what's in my phone. Nice to hear some good singing too which Rock doesn't have a lot of right now.

Yeah, no kidding. Can you imagine the feeling when the ride you're supposed to be on goes down, with your buds in it?
I read he took a good amount of time off away from music after that.

My didn't force feed me the stuff, but it's what he listened to a lot when I was younger.
He did have some good ol rock mixed in his good ol country vinyl and 8 tracks.
Of course, when no one was around, I'd play Queen, Steve Miller or even Iron Butterfly before I played any of his country stuff.
My dad had 8 tracks of Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, Waylon/Willie, Hank, many more I forget. Then when our mom got her choice, it was the Eagles, Elton John, Bee Gees, Queen, and surprisingly Nazareth Hair of the Dog..for Love Hurts. Dad would try to get that one out pretty fast though lol. That 8 track was my first exposure to heavy guitar...oh the memories.
Still love me some Secret Agent Man though, from one of those Johhny Rivers 8 tracks...dad also loved Buddy Holly too.

I was invited to the Waylon Jennings house in Franklin area of Tennessee that he previously owned where they still celebrate his birthday! The new owner never did change a single thing in the house. Most of the furniture is still there. The play area for his son is still there in back behind the guest house. His studio downstairs is still there with all the gear he left behind. Including his white leathered Telecaster. The pool out back still bears his WJ emblem. Such a rad place to be and to see all the history of Waylon and his family. Especially on his birthday!
IMG_5870.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5867.jpeg
    IMG_5867.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5861.jpeg
    IMG_5861.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5879.jpeg
    IMG_5879.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
I was invited to the Waylon Jennings house in Franklin area of Tennessee that he previously owned where they still celebrate his birthday! The new owner never did change a single thing in the house. Most of the furniture is still there. The play area for his son is still there in back behind the guest house. His studio downstairs is still there with all the gear he left behind. Including his white leathered Telecaster. The pool out back still bears his WJ emblem. Such a rad place to be and to see all the history of Waylon and his family. Especially on his birthday! View attachment 277808
THAT is super cool of the present owner to keep everything like that....awesome!

Thanks to that clip of Waylon and Marty, I discovered DADGAD tuning.
Dunno why I haven't done this before. It has me making some cool sounds:

Back