Vandenberg

... the only peavey product I ever wanted
Sorry, but when you say Vandenberg its Fernandes I hear, not Peavey...

1706299412192.png

Some Tasty playing and riffs in the song and typical Vandenberg arrangements..............I like it! It does have some Whitesnake vibes to it though......

Last edited:
I get it . But it made a very mysterious white snake album
Honestly if Steve had just put things under control a bit more, a little more raw it would be more in the WS mode and maybe put a little more grit as opposed to polish with his tone it would have been better... at least in my opinion.

Now playing wise dudes a master and I'd look at that album differently if it was a one off project and not under the WS moniker, he delivered playing wise.

Honestly if Steve had just put things under control a bit more, a little more raw it would be more in the WS mode and maybe put a little more grit as opposed to polish with his tone it would have been better... at least in my opinion.

Now playing wise dudes a master and I'd look at that album differently if it was a one off project and not under the WS moniker, he delivered playing wise.
I do see how it was too processed

This is really good. Good rock tunes like it should be. BITD I hated shred instrumentals. I always just like good songs..
Somebody needs to get a new station on Sirius where they play the NEW SHIT from artists like AV..
I like Hair Nation. but they only play the hits from back in the day.. I don't know what the problem is.

This is really good. Good rock tunes like it should be. BITD I hated shred instrumentals. I always just like good songs..
Somebody needs to get a new station on Sirius where they play the NEW SHIT from artists like AV..
I like Hair Nation. but they only play the hits from back in the day.. I don't know what the problem is.
I got burned out of Sirius fast cause it's just like regular radio where maybe ONE DJ on a station has an interesting setlist, while everything else they play is the same 20 songs every day.

Truth to that. You have to find the Deep Cuts version of each station..
The latest cool one for me is Classic Rewind Deep Cuts.. They play Robert Plant, The Who, VH, Peter Gabriel.. It was a good mix.

Not saying he wasn’t great or talented. In Whitesnake he was a shadow . Vandenberg was probably more controllable for Coverdale over Sykes. How bout this; Sykes’ ego was bigger and projected more.
It's almost tragic that Coverdale's fragile ego couldn't handle another Alpha in the band. WS would have been absolutely HUGE if he'd have made the right choice, and kept Sykes.

I still can't understand why or how Sirius is still in existence, much less people paying for the service. I haven't subscribed to it in many years amd have only listened to it during the free trials offered during the holidays. The playlists have remained relatively unchanged for well over 10 years, not to mention those windbag DJs they use won't shut the fuck up. I especially loathe that knuckle head on Hair Nation with the bad one liners and stupid jokes. With the myriad of streaming platforms and virtually endless ways to get music, it amazes me this relic of the past still survives.

It's almost tragic that Coverdale's fragile ego couldn't handle another Alpha in the band. WS would have been absolutely HUGE if he'd have made the right choice, and kept Sykes.
Yeah… that duo would have been killer for that decade of music. Voice/frontman and killer guitar hero- ala Mick/Kieth, DLR/Eddie, Scott-Johnson/A.Young. I believe this Jordan-Pippen combo works unless someone is a dickhead.
I guess Coverdale wanted it all. Idk. Just thinking about how an immense voice works with an immense guitar for that glory era of 80s metal bands.

i liked back on the streets, wait, and burning heart on his solo lp.
but here i go again was the awkward solo on the whitesnake lp.

It’s interesting to me that people say Slip of the Tongue is too processed, but love 1987. ‘87 sounds worse to me every time I hear it now. Hideously dated.

Back