Does anybody make an amp that is a blend of a recto and Marshall?

A Dual Marshifier

But as mentioned I think it has a lot to do with which pre and power side of the equation you are on as they are handled differently in each. I was going to throw out a Road King/Tremoverb or something from Egnator 🤷

Also depends on 1.) All in 1 amp or 2.) can they blended?

I was always under the impression that’s 5150 and Marshall
I've heard both but I think @RevDrucifer explained it best.

My Rivera M series sounds Godly through my Mesa OS. Gives me the Recto tones I love from the 90’s but more open and no fizz. KT77’s and long plate 12ax7’s. Knucklehead would be meaner.

77’s are EL34 mids with 6L6 bottom and top so it’s money for the Marshall/Recto hybrid.

At the end of the day it comes down to response. If I wanted more recto I’d get a 5150 type. Those slay with JJ 6L6’s and 12ax7’s for Marshall meets Mesa.

So I finally got a chance to fuck around with my Stiletto tonight for an hour or so. Hooked it up to my Suhr RL and using that new Two Notes Genome thing with a Friedman Cab, some reverb, and some Genome dynamic pedal called Exciter at the end of the chain. No boost, just straight in, nothing in the loop. Settings in pic.

20240203_190941.jpg

Wasn't the Badlander marketed as being more like the old two channel early Dual Recto's?

I do remember the multiwatt was supposed to be revoiced more like the early rectos.......
I believe so. To me it's a heavier 800 more gain and low end.

Attachments

• IMG_7423.jpeg
    IMG_7423.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
So I finally got a chance to fuck around with my Stiletto tonight for an hour or so. Hooked it up to my Suhr RL and using that new Two Notes Genome thing with a Friedman Cab, some reverb, and some Genome dynamic pedal called Exciter at the end of the chain. No boost, just straight in, nothing in the loop. Settings in pic.

View attachment 285269

TN GENOME is actually pretty sweet stuff... Just got around to installing it a couple days ago and was like "Daaaaayyyuuuuuuum, THANKS TWONOTES!!!!"

Great toanz Holmes 🤘

I've owned a ton of amps over the years looking for the illusive Marshall tone. Along the way I was in a death metal band, so that required more gain. Of those, the Engl sounded the most like a combo of Mesa and Marshall. It's what a recorded and mixed 5150 sounds like, without the post production (the 5150 amp is way too buzzy, but records well).

Going from records, the new 5150 3 sounds fairly close to that as well. Lots of low end, but still has that Marshall high end grind.

Didn’t Wampler make a pedal that was meant to be a recto style distortion? Plug that into a Marshall set cleaner?
Personally, my overkill ass would want to have a Marshall and a recto and an ABY pedal.

Cheapskate/budget answer;
Carvin V3

Sounds like neither really, but it was marketed as such iirc.
Probably can be had for very little, and maybe for good reason, but those V3 cabs with the front-loaded V30s are a steal.
I’d say this as well. With the right speakers you can dial in close to either, and it’s got plenty of EQ options. I sold mine for $350 to a guy whose Triple Recto was out of commission and he had no complaints.

Back