It's been awhile

Great mixing my man and I agree with @Beyond Black
I love the Splawn + Recto mix as you know :D
Hope the uncool life BS gets resolved for you
My wife and I talk all the time about a retirement sea shanty :yes:

Thanks, I have been too busy with other stuff to give my mixes as much time as I usually do - I thought it was a little blah sounding, but I'm glad to hear elsewise

Weirdly, I can't stand real recto's, but kemper and axe profiles tend to have a more controllable low end, at least for my tastes

Last edited:
For all of the people who hate scales and melodies and stuff, i did a more rock and or roll motorheady thing too, at the same time, but it didn't turn out as well tbh

But it does have more sloppy pentatonic wanking with a BE100 profile, and you can hear the recto profile be recto-y

So it's time for the "it's been a while" Dan Travis posting a link to some new music I recorded on soundcloud

This was with a tonenerd Roxy for all the bridge parts, and Scotts a II for the neck parts, wayne's 808 imperial as a boost, Wilcox dcp2 preamp blended with kemper profiles of a splawn and a recto

That’s awesome!!

The tunes, the tones and the playing are kickass. Salute!
decaprio toast rectangle.gif

I’ve said before, you right hand technique is insane

Thanks Scott! I've practiced that stuff so incessantly, for so long, i'm willing to put my right hand up there with just about anyone's

(Cue masturbation jokes)

It definitely makes me really picky about pickup feel and "esoteric" tone stuff though

I changed my technique to something relatively unorthodox (backwards facing upward pickslanting) very early on to imitate Jon and my thrash and power metal heroes

And I think maybe because of that I have very granular and specific taste in gear

The Roxy in a les Paul or les Paul scale guitar is just perfect for keeping the low end under control with gainy rhythm

Thanks Scott! I've practiced that stuff so incessantly, for so long, i'm willing to put my right hand up there with just about anyone's

(Cue masturbation jokes)

It definitely makes me really picky about pickup feel and "esoteric" tone stuff though

I changed my technique to something relatively unorthodox (backwards facing upward pickslanting) very early on to imitate Jon and my thrash and power metal heroes

And I think maybe because of that I have very granular and specific taste in gear

The Roxy in a les Paul or les Paul scale guitar is just perfect for keeping the low end under control with gainy rhythm
The Roxy just feels so perfect for tight right hand, percussive shit

The Roxy just feels so perfect for tight right hand, percussive shit

Especially in an LP or 24.75 scale guitar, which are naturally boomy or muddy, the roxy feels like taking a veil off the top end and high mids, and really controlling the low end, but not sounding thin in any way

Especially for the chuggy palm muted parts in that first tune i posted

I couldn't use a guitar with a duncan custom in the bridge - it's just too smeared sounding, and you can't tell the individual notes and stops. Which is absolutely integral to the riff sounding cool in my opinion. The staccato start/stop of the riff is what gives it its "fire" and "motion"

Especially in an LP or 24.75 scale guitar, which are naturally boomy or muddy, the roxy feels like taking a veil off the top end and high mids, and really controlling the low end, but not sounding thin in any way

Especially for the chuggy palm muted parts in that first tune i posted

I couldn't use a guitar with a duncan custom in the bridge - it's just too smeared sounding, and you can't tell the individual notes and stops. Which is absolutely integral to the riff sounding cool in my opinion. The staccato start/stop of the riff is what gives it its "fire" and "motion"
Dan is one of the only people that has heard me play tight metal lmao. That pickup slams though, I need to find a Les Paul that fits me.

Back