Update on ToneNerd Pickups Japan Relocation

very cool. Please post more about life in Japan, and give us a little more advanced notice for travel time when you host an ampfest. :worship_gray:

I’ll be in Okinawa. That’s were my wife is from, we will be living 5 minutes from her brother who’s a police detective and his kids are the same ages as mine.
That’s awesome, congrats. I loved Okinawa, I’d bet we pulled into there at least 10 times but never stayed more than a couple days. I remember the water being beautiful.

That’s awesome, congrats. I loved Okinawa, I’d bet we pulled into there at least 10 times but never stayed more than a couple days. I remember the water being beautiful.
From what I’ve been told, it’s one of the best scuba diving places in the world. The water is ridiculously clear. I’ve been fortunate enough to go deep sea fishing a few times there. Grouper, Mackerel, Red Snapper, all pentiful.

Another update. As some of you may or may not know, this is been a side business for me for the past 3 years. I make too good of money at my my day job to be a full time winder. Contrary to belief, small winders don’t make a lot of money, especially at what I charge. I’ve done the math and it makes sense to keep this as a part time thing. That said, the job hunt for matching skillset in Okinawa Japan, has been more challenging than anticipated. I have officially got a new job after 130 days of looking. Undortunately, at the current staffing levels, it looks like it’s going to require more hours than my current gig until staffing levels return. I kind of have an idea of what people order, so I might start back up by doing batches of common combinations rather than taking orders. That way I’m not over promising to customers. I will of course give rig-talk first dibs. I appreciate everyone’s patience and loyalty until things normalize.

Another update. As some of you may or may not know, this is been a side business for me for the past 3 years. I make too good of money at my my day job to be a full time winder. Contrary to belief, small winders don’t make a lot of money, especially at what I charge. I’ve done the math and it makes sense to keep this as a part time thing. That said, the job hunt for matching skillset in Okinawa Japan, has been more challenging than anticipated. I have officially got a new job after 130 days of looking. Undortunately, at the current staffing levels, it looks like it’s going to require more hours than my current gig until staffing levels return. I kind of have an idea of what people order, so I might start back up by doing batches of common combinations rather than taking orders. That way I’m not over promising to customers. I will of course give rig-talk first dibs. I appreciate everyone’s patience and loyalty until things normalize.
Congrats on landing the job Scott!

Congrats man!! I don't think anyone here on the forum would mind that setup at all. If we know you are creating these, there will always be someone who needs one of your creations.

OK @scottosan enough gallivanting around your Japanese riviera when can we get some pickups. \:D/

I need a black Roxy 53mm or maybe SS if you do a batch run.(y)
I am flying out on February 3rd. My stuff gets delivered on the 9th then I need to set up, calibrate, and inebriate for a few weeks. :D. I need to test out the supply chain as well. I suspect a 10 day transit time shipping

Back