Update on ToneNerd Pickups Japan Relocation

scottosan

I’m at about 90 days out before I can setup shop. We scored a killer 4 bedroom house in a quiet neighborhood, walking distance to a farmers market, grocery store, Ramen shop, park, track and field, coffee shop, etc. definitely an upgrade from the Texas HQ.
No neighbors on the north or west side and there an elderly daycare across the street, so, hearing impaired during the day and empty in the evenings \m/ :D \m/. 4 parking spots and 8 minute drive from my wife’s brother’s house. And only 3km from the beach. I feel blessed.

Last edited:
Man, that's a palace compared to the places I have stayed at in Japan! A real sized bathroom lol. You've made it, that's big time! Beautiful beach too. Will you get bored out there you think?

Absolutely beautiful. What an amazing opportunity / development in your life! Enjoy every minute!!

Wow that is like a mansion compared to anything I’ve seen from other people I know who spent time in Japan, and what a beautiful area. It seems even in a larger home they don’t do central HVAC systems. I wonder how that is for controlling humidity indoors. I suppose you and the necks of your guitars will find out.

Wow that is like a mansion compared to anything I’ve seen from other people I know who spent time in Japan, and what a beautiful area. It seems even in a larger home they don’t do central HVAC systems. I wonder how that is for controlling humidity indoors. I suppose you and the necks of your guitars will find out.
Good point.. they love those ductless units and usually have it in the one room blasting the rest of the place. The trick would be to keep it un furthest room I suppose and have a good dehumidifier in the summer. I don't know what it is about Japan but those hot ass humid summers are different than ours. Made me feel like my skin and fat was just hanging off the bone. I felt like mush at times. That's Def gonna mean some truss rod adjustments.

Back