The Trans Day of Vengeance is Coming

I asked him about IRs like 5 hours ago and he directed me to thread about someone else’s discovery
I love speaker/mic impulse responses !

Tonnes of vintage, studio grade gear that would cost a fortune, and require a climate controlled warehouse to store.. all for $50, and all at the click of a button.

:love:

I love speaker/mic impulse responses !

Tonnes of vintage, studio grade gear that would cost a fortune, and require a climate controlled warehouse to store.. all for $50, and all at the click of a button.

:love:
Yes I agree. I tout my captor X every chance I get. They are less necessary with a kemper though so it’s been taking a backseat lately

Do kempers come with IRs? I have the regular captor, not X, so have to connect to computron.

Technically the kemper does not use Impulse Responses.
The classic way to profile an amp is it mic it up like you would in a studio situation, but the mic goes in to the kemper instead of recording hardware.
The kemper then “captures” the rig with that particular amp through that particular cab through that particular mic position.

There is also “direct” profiles that usually take a line out from the amp or load box, that does not have any influence of speakers. People can then use those direct captures through a power amp and guitar speaker cabinet.

You can also choose to use a direct profile through an impulse response if have particular ones you like, but it doesn’t seem as common. It has the ability to use IRs but it’s not the default “speaker simulation” for captures

Yes I agree. I tout my captor X every chance I get. They are less necessary with a kemper though so it’s been taking a backseat lately
I had the Torpedo at one point and I know it did stuff, lol, but I used it for the attenuation.

Pretty much why I got rid of it.
Two levels of attenuation…

It's chewy and crunchy with those G12M "blackbacks" blended wif 1990's Vintage 30's

:rawk:
Is the cab in the room with you or is that thru modeling?

I really need to learn more about this…

I’m fucking old and old fashioned.
Behind the times…

Is the cab in the room with you or is that thru modeling?

I really need to learn more about this…

I’m fucking old and old fashioned.
Behind the times…
I've been using my reactive load for about the past year.

I like it better because I don't have to deal with volume issues inside my small home studio.

It's based on Randall Aiken's design, but I've added a ground lift, an audio transformer for the line out and an Nuetrik output jack.

MXMORBG.jpg

I've been using my reactive load for about the past year.

I like it better because I don't have to deal with volume issues inside my small home studio.

It's based on Randall Aiken's design, but I've added a ground lift, an audio transformer for the line out and an Nuetrik output jack.

MXMORBG.jpg
Am I correct in thinking that could handle any amp you plug into it?

Back