Looking for pre-wired Les Paul pots and caps

gbsmusic

I remember quite some time ago someone was selling a couple sets of these that were all soldered up just connect the pickups and you're ready to go can someone recommend a good place to get some? Thanks in advance. I tried WCR or Jim Wagner but he is out of stock at the moment. I just got some pickups and I'm going to replace the electronics in my Epiphone Cantrell it's probably a stupid question but long or short on the pots thanks again just so I don't sound too lazy to take the pots out of the guitar I just had shoulder surgery and I'm working with a stupid left hand only for a little while.

Last edited:
Lollar makes them. They also make some of the best pickups in the world. Can't go wrong with Lollar!

https://www.lollarguitars.com/les-paul-pre-wired-kit

les paul pre-wired kit lollar.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect thank you. I explained it above but do you know offhand on an epiphone if I need long or short shaft?
Hmmmm. I'm not sure. Since you're unable to do that right now, I'd contact Epiphone Customer Service and ask them. https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/Support/Contact or service@gibson.com

Even better, call Gibson @ 1 615-871-4500 and ask for Aljon Go. He runs Epiphone and I'll bet he'd know. By all accounts he's a stand up guy. THEN, I'd call Lollar and see if this harness will fit an Epi or not. (The exact spacing of the control layout may be a bit different, but since it's a replica of Jerry's original Les Paul I imagine it will conform to his LP's original specs.) If I owned one of those guitars I'd check it for you myself.
I’m pretty certain Epiphone is short shaft
Most of them are but they've been making some Les Pauls with the full thickness maple caps lately and I don't know if they need long or short shaft pots.

I just put Lollar 50's Wind P90's in my Les Paul Tribute ..... but used a Emerson Harness ....

the pick ups are absolutely amazing !! it's my first time trying Lollar's

Man, I'd love to get some. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about them. By all accounts they're "next level" pickups.

I've wondered how the Emerson caps work. What do you like about them?
I wouldn't know how to explain the comparison really .... to me it's just as much of a feel thing as it is a tone thing ....

great thing with their pre wired setups is they use 18 AWG Buss wire for the grounding part of the circuit ... the bigger your grounding mass .... usually leads to quieter circuits ... and just makes things more stable over all

I wouldn't know how to explain the comparison really .... to me it's just as much of a feel thing as it is a tone thing ....

great thing with their pre wired setups is they use 18 AWG Buss wire for the grounding part of the circuit ... the bigger your grounding mass .... usually leads to quieter circuits ... and just makes things more stable over all

I did not know that about the size of grounding mass. Thanks for teaching me something!

I put this in one of my LP earlier this year.
It makes changing pickups much faster.
Might need a rat tail file to put in a Epiphone ?

https://obsidianwire.com/products/vintage-mkii-for-les-paul-selectable-50s-60s

The taper on the clean up rolling the volume is really nice. Only one I like better is the ones on my Hammer guitars.
The single coil split version with the 50/60's optional for the pickups separate is useful for me.

Last edited:
True..

Yes, and might be Alpha pots.
I'm not familiar with them are they worth keeping in the guitar? I figured I'd replace the pots when I replace the pickups but if the ones that are in it are fine I'll just keep them I've been spending enough money lately LOL

Back