When Tom Morello tries to play with real guitarists...

I won't bag on Rage FOR The Machine's playing, and I don't really care to hear his self-important political perspective....at least he seemingly respects good players, seems like a nice dude.

"When musicians are telling people who to vote for, I think that's an abuse of power. You're telling your fans not to think for themselves, just to think like you. Rock 'n' roll is about freedom — and that's not freedom." - Alice Cooper
Who’s the guy after Vai ?
Richie Kotzen

I won't bag on Rage FOR The Machine's playing, and I don't really care to hear his self-important political perspective....at least he seemingly respects good players, seems like a nice dude.

"When musicians are telling people who to vote for, I think that's an abuse of power. You're telling your fans not to think for themselves, just to think like you. Rock 'n' roll is about freedom — and that's not freedom." - Alice Cooper

Richie Kotzen
Same as actors, athletes and media talking heads. Never could understand how someone could listen to someone that chases a ball around, or another person who pretends to be someone else…or better yet someone who makes a living talking about the aforementioned people…

There are a lot of no-name shredders out there that could shred circles around Morello. But there is only one Tom Morello. He is a bit unique and has his own thing and I respect that. I like RATM/Audioslave and wouldn't want those bands to be shreddy. There's plenty of room in the musical world for TM and his style...and his tone.

It is just too easy to come chime in and dunk on Morello, so I will add a bit more constructive approach here...
IMAGINE if you will, coming for your lead part AFTER Steve Vai and Nuno.... here comes your chance to add something different that they have not already just blown the audience away with, I can think of some stuff I would have done personally, but I suppose Tom thought he'd approach it with a rhythmic thing and didn't over step his boundaries.

IF he tried shredding up a storm I guarantee the same thread and vid would have been made and we'd be dunking on his abilities LOL JOKES on US because he is there on stage and we are not.

Anyway AI could add Taylor Swift interpreted dancing to this ?

I'd watch that :yes:

GkyBgKZ.jpg

Back