NAD: Soldano SLO-100R (Rack Mount)

This seller used my pic from when I sold one years ago.

So buyer beware. Insist on up to date pictures. I sold mine to a guy in North Carolina, I think.
Thanks for that heads up. I thought I remembered the picture from a prior listing under the sold section but figured I was going crazy. I can see it looks like a screenshot crop of the last one when you enlarge the pic.

I have one I bought from Michael Soldano himself directly at his little shop out in the valley in California when I was a pup, just had it gone through. Here it is with a 58 Korina wood flying V Reissue I bought brand new in 83 the heritage 25th anniversary model bad ass guitar too 😉 for the right price though I would sell it

Attachments

• 6445990F-1998-4923-A0B2-555797914A22.jpeg
    6445990F-1998-4923-A0B2-555797914A22.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
Bought one about 10 years ago and didn’t like the sound at all. Called and spoke to Mike and he said some mod was done to it. There was hardly any treble and had a nasally sound. Didn’t like it so I sold it back to the guy I brought it from. Un modded I’m sure it would have been great but didn’t want to mess with it at the time.

Those rackmount Soldanos are beautiful. I'd love to have one, but at the price they go for it'll never happen. I do have the standard-issue '92 SLO and it sounds great still, after all these years.

Hey All,

I usually don't do new gear posts but this one is a bit cool. It is the rack mount Soldano SLO-100. It is a 1992 version.

It is in really nice condition and is a cool looking piece. I have owned a lot of amps, but, have not owned a Soldano SLO-100 up to this point. I have to say that it sounds fantastic and really does not seem to convey as well over youtube or some recordings as some other amps do. It really has a great grain structure and the articulation is outstanding. While I understand why some people may not bond with these amps, I have to say, this is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. The SLO-100 sounds great even against a million other boutique manufacturers these days. Just thought my fellow rack and odd-ball gear people might find this interesting.

Nice score! Congrats!

Those rackmount Soldanos are beautiful. I'd love to have one, but at the price they go for it'll never happen. I do have the standard-issue '92 SLO and it sounds great still, after all these years.
I’m sure the head sounds fantastic. I got lucky this one popped up locally from a reputable seller at a decent price. I believe it was originally built for Marty Friedman and I believe used on some songs like Angry Again.

I’m sure the head sounds fantastic. I got lucky this one popped up locally from a reputable seller at a decent price. I believe it was originally built for Marty Friedman and I believe used on some songs like Angry Again.
Wow ! Great pedigree ! Love the solo on that tune and Friedman in general ! I believe mine was used by Dan Spitz but I got no answer from Soldano on the exact provenance.

Wow ! Great pedigree ! Love the solo on that tune and Friedman in general ! I believe mine was used by Dan Spitz but I got no answer from Soldano on the exact provenance.
Hello, Do you have an SLO100R that was once owned by Dan Spitz? I was told he had (3) of them, and sold them in the late 90's.

Hello, Do you have an SLO100R that was once owned by Dan Spitz? I was told he had (3) of them, and sold them in the late 90's.

I bought mine used from a shop in Luxembourg in the early 00s. There's only a handful of rackmount SLOs with 230V factory power trannies in existence. Dan Spitz lived in Switzerland nearby for several years so I inferred it might come from him but it's only far-fetched guesswork at this point since I never got any confirmation from Soldano.

Early 90’s, Bradshaw had one stashed away at his place in Nono. Asked him if he’d sell it, wanted $1k.
I passed like a dumbass because I had just spent a shit load on gear & thought I was being responsible.

Have you tried contacting Dan to ask if he knows?
https://danspitz.com/contact/

I've heard hes popped into the local GC, and his playing was not so hot.
I guess he's in his 60s now, making watches and not playing that much, so probably not that surprising.

"(He did return to Anthrax from 2005 to 2008 for a reunion cycle, then quit music for good. “My carpal tunnel syndrome inhibits me from playing for long periods of time,” he said.)

The carpal tunnel syndrome has not stopped Mr. Spitz from designing and building about three custom wristwatches a year, with prices starting at $128,000, and a waiting list approaching two years."

Back