Yngwie at 18.

Saw him in Kansas City a long, long time ago. AC/DC had to follow him on stage. Didn’t go that well for them.

Reactions: PDC
Some pretty cool stuff. 18:18 mark he starts playing some insane runs.

Hahah funny part is around the 7:00 mark where he's playing the Deep Purple / Rainbow riffs... funny because down the road he would claim to not know who Richie Blackmore was / is or something to that effect

Saw him in Kansas City a long, long time ago. AC/DC had to follow him on stage. Didn’t go that well for them.
I was at that show!!! Kemper Arena!! Oct '85 I think??? Wore that T-shirt dam near everywhere I went after that night!

Hahah funny part is around the 7:00 mark where he's playing the Deep Purple / Rainbow riffs... funny because down the road he would claim to not know who Richie Blackmore was / is or something to that effect
Did he say that early in his career , when some players try to deny their influences. I’ve read interviews where he’s mentioned Deep Purple as his favorite , the fireball album being a huge influence on him and getting to go over Blackmore‘s house in the 80s and play some of his guitars.

IMG_8565.jpeg

Most self indulgent ass hat on the planet . I've seen him multiple times---Never again .although I did like his interview with Rick Beato.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
I was at that show!!! Kemper Arena!! Oct '85 I think??? Wore that T-shirt dam near everywhere I went after that night!
Sounds right. It was a great show. Made the trip from STL, drinking the whole way. I was about 17.

Reactions: PDC
I saw that tour in 1985 here in Oakland . Yngwie was technically great but he was no match for AC/DC . Angus tore the place apart with his energy.
He blew them off the stage in KC. We never saw anything like it. We came for AC/DC and they rocked, no doubt. They always do, but Yngwie left us speechless.

Did he say that early in his career , when some players try to deny their influences. I’ve read interviews where he’s mentioned Deep Purple as his favorite , the fireball album being a huge influence on him and getting to go over Blackmore‘s house in the 80s and play some of his guitars.

View attachment 292952
He definitely knew who Blackmore was. At his " clinic" ( lol, him ripping and leaving as fast as possible) he mentioned being able to play almost any DP purple song by the time he was 14. He's saying his solo style is his own... based on Pagannini and Vivaldi blablabla, you know the story of his greatness!

View attachment 292952
I bet Blackmore wasn't laughing about this photo.

Would’ve been amazing to see his concert in the early/mid-80s. I saw him live in 2006 with Doogie White on vocals and Derek Sherinian on keyboards and it was great. He’s coming to my country this summer but I won’t travel hundreds of kilometers to see him with his current band and especially how he pushes the other musicians to a narrow space at side of the stage.

He blew them off the stage in KC. We never saw anything like it. We came for AC/DC and they rocked, no doubt. They always do, but Yngwie left us speechless.
I hear ya , I can just speak for the shows that I’ve seen here in the Bay Area . I’ve seen some pretty big bands open for AC/DC and none of them have come close to blowing AC/DC off the stage. That 85 show was my favorite of the bunch and Angus was just off the charts . Yngwie played a festival here also in 85 and again he was great but he didn’t dominate the other bands

Back