Yngwie at 18.

Dear GEO
Remove the comma. Elbows on the wall chief, Bubba's going in deep!

Oh, who am I kidding? Snitches don't get raped in prison. They get their necks snapped in the chow line, shanked, or get a first class trip off the top rail. Think of the end scene from Blood In, Blood Out
schaffer-1536x806.png

I enjoyed his Rick Beato interview. Yngwie is full of himself. I view it as part of his character (along with pirate jewelry and Ferrari references). He seems more down to earth than many sports and hollywood types. A friend of mine opened for Sheryl Crow and said he was given repeated instructions not to look at her backstage. Dwight from The Office routinely shows up on my Instagram feed with selfies of him on a plane with a hat and mask, posting that people nearby him are watching his show and don’t know that he is next to them. Get over yourself. Go Yngwie!!

Last edited:
Saw him in Kansas City a long, long time ago. AC/DC had to follow him on stage. Didn’t go that well for them.
I saw that tour and Yngwie was killer! But then so was AC/DC. As I recall it was great all around…and I saw AC/DC with Bon.
Most self indulgent ass hat on the planet . I've seen him multiple times---Never again .although I did like his interview with Rick Beato.
I saw him around 2018 and it was a clusterfuck. He looked drunk and mailed it in. At least it was cheap.

But I still cherish what he did and how he raised the bar.

I saw that tour and Yngwie was killer! But then so was AC/DC. As I recall it was great all around…and I saw AC/DC with Bon.

I saw him around 2018 and it was a clusterfuck. He looked drunk and mailed it in. At least it was cheap.

But I still cherish what he did and how he raised the bar.
I don't understand why he insists on opening his shows and clinics with this trainwreck of an instrumental but it sort of does sum up where he is at these days ...

I was introduced in Yngwie when he was in Alcatraz. I had been an EVH fanboy and was just blown away at how far Yngwie pushed the envelope - both technically and harmonically. Dude is a savant to have that much command of raw technique along with relatively advanced music theory, harmony, structure, as a teenager with little if any formal instruction. I also am convinced that he is ‘on the spectrum’ and that is purely an observation - not a judgment. For my ear, his early playing with Steeler, Alcatrazz, and the first Rising Force album is where it’s at. The guitar tone was so pure and uncluttered. The phrasing and technical command was jaw dropping. But it’s almost like he had too much God-Given raw talent too early in life to sustain it with any sense of maturity over the decades. I know he has done and said dreadfully dismissive, ass-hat things to lots of people - in the industry and devoted fans - over the years. Also struggled with drugs and alcohol. Also had failed relationships along the way. Also had miserable professional and financial miscues over the years. All while trying to manage and control this fiery natural gift. And over the decades, the novelty has kind of worn off and he has become sort of a caricature of himself. But love him or hate him, I don’t think he is a fake or a ‘put-on.’ I think what you see is what you get and it is genuine for better and for worse. He sure moved the needle.

Last edited:
Y-wing is a god.

I saw him once a few years ago when he put 37 stacks onstage and shoved a 'band' into a 5 sq ft corner.

5 minutes was enough. But I was stuck there for the whole set. That's enough GangWay forever.

He's still great on the records tho.

• Haha
Reactions: MTS
Dear GEO
Remove the comma. Elbows on the wall chief, Bubba's going in deep!

Oh, who am I kidding? Snitches don't get raped in prison. They get their necks snapped in the chow line, shanked, or get a first class trip off the top rail. Think of the end scene from Blood In, Blood Out
View attachment 293006
MTS’s daily flair up of TDS 🤣

Schaffer is a great guitar player….just not as good as yngwie

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Would’ve been amazing to see his concert in the early/mid-80s. I saw him live in 2006 with Doogie White on vocals and Derek Sherinian on keyboards and it was great. He’s coming to my country this summer but I won’t travel hundreds of kilometers to see him with his current band and especially how he pushes the other musicians to a narrow space at side of the stage.
I saw him on the OG Rising Force album tour in a small club from about 15 feet away and it was insane. As blown away as I've ever been seeing somebody. I still love those first couple of albums and all the Alcatraz stuff.

Back