So I went to the Mammoth WVH show last night.....Nita Strauss opened up for Wolfie...

When we saw him last year Nita and Intervals were the openers. Both opening acts bored the hell out of me. Nita is using a Boss modeling unit. I thought her tone was god awful. And she was buried in the mix. If she was not as attractive as she is, no one would care... she reminds me of a lot of the Instagram guitarists... lots of flash and technique, with no song substance. Don't get me wrong, her technique smokes mine all day long. I just don't find her music interesting. It sounds like a practice routine to me.

Wolfgang sounded absolutely killer. He is using a 5150 III 50-watt 6L6. The guy with the beard is using a 50-watt EL34S. The third guitarist that also plays with Slash usings the 50-watt 6L6 Stealth. There is a rig rundown on YouTube for them. And yes, it was very apparent that it went from modelers to real amps.
Looks like nothing has changed for Nita's tone then.:bleh: We all thought maybe the sound guys were intentionally making her sound bad but it sounds like that's what her modeler sounds like in the live mix regardless......I totally agree it was god awful, probably the worst live guitar tone I've heard in years at a show.

I did enjoy Wolfie's songs and he does seem to have a certain way he structures all of his songs but he keeps it interesting with some killer breakdowns and intro's and outro's.

What horrible feces. They all sound like they're being fisted by Mike Tyson. Mimi laughs at this.

That's the exact outfit she wore at my show........ She did alot head banging and hair flipping as well with her keyboard player. I kept thinking you might regret all that head flipping like Phil Anselmo later in life.......................

That's the exact outfit she wore at my show........ She did alot head banging and hair flipping as well with her keyboard player. I kept thinking you might regret all that head flipping like Phil Anselmo later in life.......................
Yeah, that's CTE waiting to happen.

🧠

Looks like nothing has changed for Nita's tone then.:bleh: We all thought maybe the sound guys were intentionally making her sound bad but it sounds like that's what her modeler sounds like in the live mix regardless......I totally agree it was god awful, probably the worst live guitar tone I've heard in years at a show.

I did enjoy Wolfie's songs and he does seem to have a certain way he structures all of his songs but he keeps it interesting with some killer breakdowns and intro's and outro's.
I get the modeler thing for a small touring outfit, but she would do better shooting a profile of her JVM with a Kemper, IMHO. And a lot less noodling. But I guess that's just my tastes.

Remember when Manuel Noriega was holed up in the Vatican's embassy in Panama City and the US Army blasted the bldg with loud music for a few days to smoke him out? Nita could sell the rights to this to the US Army and we could snatch anyone we wanted by blasting this at them. No one could withstand it. No one.

What horrible feces. They all sound like they're being fisted by Mike Tyson. Mimi laughs at this.

The way they all just aimlessly wander the stage was hilarious. I take it these guys have not yet become a well oiled road machine….😂

It's the ole Jedi MIND TRICK.......".Watch our flipping metal HAIR moves"............" Our crappy musicianship sounds awesome"............"Buy our Album on the way out at the MERCH table"........."Buy our songs on Apple I tunes!........."These are not the Droids you are looking for!"...."My ASS does not look BIG in these PANTS".........:hys:

I have to say I am not a Mammoth fan I only know the few songs played on the radio but a friend of mine who is also a big EVH VH fan that I have gone to all my VH shows with asked if I wanted to go so I said yeah sure. Nita came out and it was all instrumental MSG kind of shredding for all but the last three or four songs it was alright but what really made it unenjoyable was that whatever modeler she was using both guitars amps were a muddy mess, no mids, no definition would not cut and what came out of the PA sounded like an AM radio and for all her years of playing she was not as polished as she should have been. At one time the PA amps popped a circuit breaker and went totally silent and she was still hearing the total mix in her earpiece and she kept playing like the audience was hearing the band and we were not for about a minute, it was pretty funny............:ROFLMAO:

Nita played like she was bored and phoning it in as well as her rythym player, the drummer played pretty good.

I've heard others who had similar experiences

The bald dude joining in on the hair-flips is the highlight!

Let us not ignore the chick at 0:40, who's seemingly dry humping her keyboard. It's actually kind of hypnotic:

This almost sounds like one of those drum cam videos, where you can hear the drummer really well, and the rest of the band is in the background. From what I can tell, we're probably the better for it.

Let us not ignore the chick at 0:40, who's seemingly dry humping her keyboard. It's actually kind of hypnotic:

This almost sounds like one of those drum cam videos, where you can hear the drummer really well, and the rest of the band is in the background. From what I can tell, we're probably the better for it.

Nothing dry about it if you could see what she has stuck on the front 😉

Back