Hey you toxic turds…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a friendly place to post? :dunno:

I would think Facebook groups would not be the place for shit, but what do I know. I always hated FB, like MySpace but better Technology. Closed my account and deleted everything years ago and only had one in the first place for a high school reunion.

I watched the OP video, but not sure who defines safe, friendly, non-toxic, etc…I think that will end up being a mess but more power to them and hope it works out. People have been “hating” on bands, music and gear since it’s existed and more than that, musicians (or any artist) don’t like feeling censored. Hatespeech is a made up word.

Closed my account and deleted everything years ago and only had one in the first place for a high school reunion.
Shoot I closed my fb account over a decade ago just to avoid most of those people. I don't care what you ate for lunch, who you voted for, or your vaccination status. Thankful to have missed all of that.

I like John and wish him nothing but success. All of those guys. Hell I’m happy for them. Fuck with amps and do reviews and somehow support yourself while doing it….that’s the American dream baby!!! Just don’t shit on the homies while you’re doing it. You shit on the homies here you better move on before you get moved on…jk…that’s from a movie btw….😂

The thought of being on Facebook again makes my gag reflex kick in...and that only usually happens at the truck stop bathroom. 🤗 I tried it once in the later 2000’s because my Sister, living in another country used it to post photos etc. in a one and done kind of capacity. It was the only purpose, to keep up with what she was doing. Well, 10 emails a day from Facebook telling me they missed me and then having two people from High School times (80’s) reach out and then ghost me after I replied, I was like, Sorry Sis, not doing this bullshit any longer. No Twitter, No Instagram, Snapchat, any of that crap. Apart from a couple of gear forums, Youtube is really the only thing I do that I consider social media.
I hate it when a pedal or amp maker does their business on Facebook only. Still won’t get me there though.

Last edited:
If Rigtalk has to much testosterone or estrogen for you I hear there’s a new spot on facebook for you…lol…I guess you guys are correct with treating the “content creators “ with a somewhat cold shoulder…and a healthy dose of skepticism. oh well…it’s all good…might look at freely allowing the spam content on here in a different light…..

Where do I even begin? What's with his AI bot voice? I guess with enough time spent filming frivolous videos one becomes the content. If these guys are so concerned about toxic environments why don't they just go ahead and delete their accounts at said places? And if anything is a good indicator of something not being cool, its one of these fucktards making a 10 min + video desperately trying to sell you on how cool something is. I've seen less unabashed indoctrination attempts at fucking Scientology meet'n'greet conventions!

And lastly, 5 min into the following video should tell you why this Joker needs an online safe space. He's probably got the matching P.J.s

Where do I even begin? What's with his AI bot voice? I guess with enough time spent filming frivolous videos one becomes the content. If these guys are so concerned about toxic environments why don't they just go ahead and delete their accounts at said places? And if anything is a good indicator of something not being cool, its one of these fucktards making a 10 min + video desperately trying to sell you on how cool something is. I've seen less unabashed indoctrination attempts at fucking Scientology meet'n'greet conventions!

And lastly, 5 min into the following video should tell you why this Joker needs an online safe space. He's probably got the matching P.J.s

Holy shill, Batman! Serious though, what is with the dude's voice? Not sure who this is but did he sound like that in the other video? It's like a weird Canadian Stephen Hawking voice or something. Maybe I just didn't hear it until you mentioned it, but now I can't unhear it.

I like seeing creators on here ALOT but they need to be part of the group. Not just spam their shit and talk only on their own posts . Kyle Bull bad seed is a part of the group . He just don’t talk on his own posts . That’s how you do it. But I love creators honestly
I couldn't agree more. Kyle always furthers a discussion and doesn't just post a link to his channel then never looks at any else. He is a member of the community not just using it as a way if getting more clicks. There are others like this so forgive me for not mentioning it if you are like this. But there are some guys who I never see post except to drop a link to their vid.

If Rigtalk has to much testosterone or estrogen for you I hear there’s a new spot on facebook for you…lol…I guess you guys are correct with treating the “content creators “ with a somewhat cold shoulder…and a healthy dose of skepticism. oh well…it’s all good…might look at freely allowing the spam content on here in a different light…..

This video had literally NOTHING to do with Rig-Talk, and I don't even know why you think it would?

You know I like and respect you man, we've always been cool and I have no personal issues with you. However, you posting this and talking some shit without even knowing what this was about in the first place is the exact opposite of "testosterone" It's literal whiney internet child shit. You're better than this, MMAAANNNN. You know you could have messaged me directly to clear anything that might have been wrong up as well.

To any who are curious, we started the group specifically because of threads like this. Having a place to talk about guitar gear without getting personally attacked left and right for differing opinions, budget, the way your hair looks, how your farts smell, etc. Is that really that offensive to you guys? Are we such fucking assholes for trying to provide that forum? This is literally comical to me.

Obviously, there are plenty of cool cats here and definitely plenty of people in this thread who get it. To those of you who do, thanks for not getting your panties twisted over things that literally have nothing to do with you. I guess that's too much to handle for some of the other "men" here

I like this forum. I always have. There are always gonna be bad eggs, and of course the weekly "FUCK YOUTUBERS" thread. I can handle all that shit. But god damn, some of you guys make it hard to love you some times.

As far as what inspired us to make this group - many here have already said it. Joe A of Lone Wolf Audio spent additional time huffing his own farts over the weekend, got all full of piss and vinegar and decided to......be his normal self on the internet. He essentially made a post saying "no spamming Youtube links" Jon Symon replied to the post and just questioned why the full ban, as he felt sharing the links generated conversation, which if done right, they absolutely do. Some people are def guilty of spamming links and disappearing. I've always tried to make it a point to not do that, for that exact reason, plus I'm actually interested in what people have to say.

Needless to say, it ended up being a shitstorm in the comments, as usual when it comes to Joe. None of us are offended or outraged that they are enforcing a rule to share links to videos in the group. We absolutely don't need those groups in order to generate engagement. Does it help? Honestly, it really depends, but generally, it doesn't move the needle. Guys like Jon are usually excited about the gear they're talking about and are looking for genuine conversation around said gear. I am the same way,

We just decided that most of the FB guitar groups are filled with too many dudes like Joe A that would rather piss their pants and flail around in it like a child than actually participate in a worthwhile conversation. That is literally it. None of us are crusading against that group, we could give a fuck what they do from here on out. We're distancing ourselves from all of that shit and moving forward with what is already an incredible group filled with a bunch of industry professionals, us youtube shills, and the average gear enthusiast.

To anyone who wants to join, you're more than welcome. We're happy to have anyone that can add knowledge or insight to any discussion. To those of you whose day this obviously ruined by the existence of this group, put your big boy pants on, go out into the world and try to be somebody. Our aim is not at all to silence people with dissenting opinions or that feel differently than us. It's about trying to keep discussions civil, helpful, and on course to the topics at hand so people can actually have their questions answered instead of being called a f*ggot whose mom deserves to die for asking which amps they should be looking at for a good thrash metal tone.

This place is toxic. That’s the deal. Everywhere else is douched into a safe place but this place is real streets. Well… nerdy guitar player streets wtf that is.

Learning how to monetize the YouTube is part of the game. Not that I’d know…but it appears that involves selling a little of your soul. Which is kind of sad.

familyguy-herbert.jpg

I couldn't agree more. Kyle always furthers a discussion and doesn't just post a link to his channel then never looks at any else. He is a member of the community not just using it as a way if getting more clicks. There are others like this so forgive me for not mentioning it if you are like this. But there are some guys who I never see post except to drop a link to their vid.
Yep . It’s fun in here . All you got yo do is chat and fun .Yea we have dick heads but they still are our pals

The kind of behavior Kyle and Jon are talking about isn’t the shit you see here, so thinking they’re taking offense to that is looking in the wrong direction.

I think we’ve all seen some bickering over the merits of the IIC+ here? Or if Cameron’s are worth it or not. That’s the level this forum sits at, bickering over shit that most people are never even going to see in person. That particular FB group will have some newer player or someone new to a particular piece of gear ask a question and then get shit on in the comments when they’re just trying to learn. Or someone posts a pic of a guitar or some gear and you can see in the background they clearly aren’t living in a mansion, but people will just shit all over whatever it is when it’s probably something a dude busted his ass for.

I’m only in that group for the same reasons I view TGP; to see the hot takes.

That’s not to say there aren’t a few people here who wouldn’t fit right in with that group. Ya’ll shit-talkers who never post clips of your own would love that place!

LWA Joe A is just enforcing Joe S's rules.

It's Sansalones group, so his rules.

I don't have anything personal against Jon Symonds or Kyle Bull, but I dont think they understand what the HMAP group is actually FOR

The rules aren't "Anything that starts a conversation about gear is fine"

You can post all the videos you want in HMAP that

1. aren't sponsored
2. the gear isn't provided by the manufacturer
3. You aren't making money off of

This seems really simple, but it's not just you guys that have had issues with it, there have been a million other small YouTubers and Companies that have run afoul of it too.

When you guys start your own hugbox, that's fine, but I don't think you understand that the reason HMAP is so popular is literally because you can trust that it's people's actual opinions about gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back