A battle of the Larrys

Got it...It was actually interested, I haven't seen that particular amp previously. But thank you for the response.

Anytime :giggle:

Dolf Koch really wanted to recruit me as a designer at the music fair in Frankfurt in 1993 after he knew that Kitty Hawk was going down the drain - but I politely declined.

If I had said yes, then your amp would really have been born from my hands.

Anytime :giggle:

Dolf Koch really wanted to recruit me as a designer at the music fair in Frankfurt in 1993 after he knew that Kitty Hawk was going down the drain - but I politely declined.

If I had said yes, then your amp would really have been born from my hands.
Interesting...I'm not familiar with Kitty Hawk. Is that ( the amp pictured ) actually in production? from the small picture it looks to be a 3 or 4 channel model.

And I feel the financial pain courtesy of you. For your convenience, I accept rubles.

No, that's not a comment!
I'm just cleaning here.
(after I just got my reprimand)
1795767_10202679455927788_6615241732670762431_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not this lawyer nonsense again.... Kinda think it's time to shit or get off the pot on that one.

I didn't provoke it.
Only when he thinks he has to ask me about money, although I had already charged him more than 500 euros less than I should have asked for during the rebuild and he's still putting on such a circus here - then I can't hold back anymore 🤷‍♂️

My lawyer will also criticize me because he told me not to write a word about it here in the forum.

Interesting...I'm not familiar with Kitty Hawk.
Kitty Hawk is the amp company that had a deal with Alexander Dumble back in the day, so Dumble would build an amp circuit, install it in the chassis and send it to them, so they would install the transformers and distribute the Dumble amps in Europe. But Kitty Hawk decided to just copy Dumble's circuit and started making their own Dumble clones, while the contract was still going. They are the reason Dumble never trusted another company to help build his amps again.
Talk about plagiarism and dishonesty.
And guess who worked for them?
But Fortin is the one to blame.
https://www.80-vintageamps-guitars.com/Kitty-Hawk-Dumble-Amp-Story/

Kitty Hawk is the amp company that had a deal with Alexander Dumble back in the day, so Dumble would build an amp circuit, install it in the chassis and send it to them, so they would install the transformers and distribute the Dumble amps in Europe. But Kitty Hawk decided to just copy Dumble's circuit and started making their own Dumble clones, while the contract was still going. They are the reason Dumble never trusted another company to help build his amps again.
Talk about plagiarism and dishonesty.
And guess who worked for them?
But Fortin is the one to blame.
https://www.80-vintageamps-guitars.com/Kitty-Hawk-Dumble-Amp-Story/

Nice try :ROFLMAO:
And a grandiose tightrope walk on the border of legality :cool:

In order to prevent misinterpretations, I feel compelled by this nice post to repeat for what feels like the 5th to 8th time what I wrote about it earlier:

Kitty Hawk was the German distributor of Dumble amps from the early to mid 80's.
My time as a designer at Kitty Hawk only began at the end of the 80s
During my time at Kitty Hawk, I hadn't seen a single Dumble amp there.
In addition, at the end of the 80s it was already the ultra high gain era
Nobody was interested in a Dumble sound anymore at that time.
That's why the ultra high gain products Quattro preamp and Testarossa preamp came from me

In addition, it is not possible to copy a Dumble sound.

See here: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/a-battle-of-the-larrys.300320/page-8#post-3841658

I've had a Bones on my bench, a NATAS and a Randall Satan - and hence I exactly know what he did.

In case of the NATAS:
A to the California & Scream channel stripped down 100% rip off of my Dino 939 with just 5 component values different (in words: FIVE)
Ok he didn't have my transformers, nor my NOS tubes, nor my LCR electrolytics and nor my heartblood by building this amp...
... so this amp even can't sound like a shade of a Dino 🤷‍♂️

Or let me illustrate it with another example:
During my now 36-year career as an amp designer, I had 7 different original Dumble amps in my house - and I had all colors of Dumble clones in my house, also well-known brands like Two-Rock, Van Weelden, Bludotone, Fuchs, aso.
Believe it or not, but none of these all (with the exception of the Bludo) could touch an orig. Dumble soundwise 🤷‍♂️

And now look into the mirror and tell me, who is the conspiratorial idiot :cool:

Great, so now that we are back to this, once again: you didn’t patent your circuit, and you wouldn’t be able to anyway because it’s not patentable. Patents are only granted on new or novel circuits.

So tell us why you tried to offer a customer an opportunity to jump in line by offering a rebuild of your PMM in their NATAS? Because it was sure as shit not for purposes of suing for patent infringement, there was none.

Maybe you should be asking your “lawyer” about libel on your part at this point, because if you didn’t have a NATAS on your bench when you said you did, and posted that you had evidence of them ripping you off when you didn’t, then that would mean you intentionally defamed someone with the intent of damaging the reputation of them and their business, and considering how the opinion of this forum turned on them in part to your posts, it worked. And in light of this new revelation, they may be interested in that.

Also, building your amp in the chassis of a current production boutique amp is pretty sketchy, that seems like it would misrepresent their product. Although you didn’t do it, you wanted to.

I bet your current customers waiting for an amp feel really good about the fact that you secretly offered someone to jump the line in front of them, for a project in which you would have to disassemble and document existing circuits, design a new layout, rebuild your circuit in the new amp and test it, then probably boobytrap it. How much does that add to the 4 year and 6 month wait time again, or does that new figure allow for these type of shenanigans?

Or you could just compensate Thegame, Steven K’s widow probably, and whoever else you need to set things right with, and then self-ban to spare everyone your nonsense from now on.

Last edited:
For your benefit, I made the text as large as possible, giving consideration to your extremely poor eyesight.

Now you've revealed my secret as to why my amps are so unattainably good...
... because I never see exactly what I'm doing and always solder with my eyes closed just based on my feelings.

I will never forgive you for revealing my secret 😆😅🤣

I didn't provoke it.
Only when he thinks he has to ask me about money, although I had already charged him more than 500 euros less than I should have asked for during the rebuild and he's still putting on such a circus here - then I can't hold back anymore 🤷‍♂️

My lawyer will also criticize me because he told me not to write a word about it here in the forum.
What an amazing coincidence! You undercharged me (:ROFLMAO:) an amount fairly close to the amount that I had to pay to get the amp working like it should have at the start. Actually, since I "only" paid $540 CAN (about 370 Euros) in total, perhaps I should be eternally thankful it wasn't as much as 500 euros? In other words, should I be thankful that I only got raped with a 7" penis rather than being raped by a soul destroying 12 incher?

Now you've revealed my secret as to why my amps are so unattainably good...
... because I never see exactly what I'm doing and always solder with my eyes closed just based on my feelings.

I will never forgive you for revealing my secret 😆😅🤣
Well, it might explain why my rebuilt amp had so many errors.

Back