Randy Rhoads 12/06/1956 - 03/19/1982

I used to live in Redlands, California, near San Bernardino.
Used to go there on his birthday, December 6th and on March 19th.

Seen him numerous times, with Quiet Riot , 5 times with Ozzy .
Last time that I seen him live, was at the Selland Arena in Fresno, California, on January 3rd, 1982 .

They had five cameras at the Fresno concert, everyone seen them filming the whole show.
Ozzy and Sharron are sitting on the film of that show.

Every time I heard him, he would improve technically.

Randy was a GOAT level musician and composer. Saw him in Milwaukee at the show that many refer to as one of the best Randy era Ozzy bootlegs. His tone was weird, really weird, nowhere close to the Tribute live album or the studio albums, but that boy ripped. The crowd was nuts. I had a great time at that show. I need to make the pilgrimage to his resting place. RIP Randy.

One night back when I lived in Los Angeles, (Laurel Canyon and Oxnard), I ran into a friend of mine who just stepped off the bus, carrying his guitar. Turns out he was on his way to Musonia, the Music School that Randy's mom owned. I lived a block and a half away from Musonia and didn't know it. He and I walked over there, and he introduced me to Randy's mom, who was teaching piano. She was a sweetheart. Later on I met Randy's brother Kelle, who still runs Musonia. He's a cool dude. Strange where life takes you sometimes.

Redlands! I've bought a few guitars from Mike Bevis at Redlands Guitar Shop. Great little music store. I live in the San Bernardino Mtns, so I'm not far away.

Oh, no... I just did a web search on the store and found out that the owner, Mike Bevis, passed away in January 2023. He was a great guy. RIP Mike.

Last edited:
The second half of the solo to 'Flying High Again' is a tapped riff that Randy ripped off note for note from George Lynch. There's a YouTube video of George talking about that.
Old post bro. There’s also video of him tapping in the solo to Mr. Crowley.

Randy was a GOAT level musician and composer. Saw him in Milwaukee at the show that many refer to as one of the best Randy era Ozzy bootlegs. His tone was weird, really weird, nowhere close to the Tribute live album or the studio albums, but that boy ripped. The crowd was nuts. I had a great time at that show. I need to make the pilgrimage to his resting place. RIP Randy.

One night back when I lived in Los Angeles, (Laurel Canyon and Oxnard), I ran into a friend of mine who just stepped off the bus, carrying his guitar. Turns out he was on his way to Musonia, the Music School that Randy's mom owned. I lived a block and a half away from Musonia and didn't know it. He and I walked over there, and he introduced me to Randy's mom, who was teaching piano. She was a sweetheart. Later on I met Randy's brother Kelle, who still runs Musonia. He's a cool dude. Strange where life takes you sometimes.

Redlands! I've bought a few guitars from Mike Bevis at Redlands Guitar Shop. Great little music store. I live in the San Bernardino Mtns, so I'm not far away.

Oh, no... I just did a web search on the store and found out that the owner, Mike Bevis, passed away in January 2023. He was a great guy. RIP Mike.

i bought a deluxe reverb and a 79 les paul deluxe from mike eons ago. Ray, the owner before him bought my mark IIB coli. and Caleb was the original owner when it was called Caleb’s Guitar Shop and the scene was happening. I took a few lessons there and knew some of the teachers well.

i found out Mike passed when i went to the shop last year while visiting my kids in cali.
i think his son in law runs the shop now. i bought a ukuleke case for my sister while i was there.

long live Randy!

randy-rhoads-front-row-photographs-.jpg

GOAT / RIP

Back