Got a Parallelizer incoming

GreatRedDragon

Been wanting one for a while, finally pulled the trigger on a used one.

Right now I've got my IR-200's effects loop set up for parallel, post-IR. In the parallel loop I've got an MXR Studio Comp, an MD-500, an SDE-3000D and an RV-500. But I'm tired of running my modulation and echo effects in series. The big thing is I like to stack the SDE-3000s with the RV-500's delay for a huge cavernous sound, the way Ed did with Cathedral and Everybody Wants Some. But if I do that my chorus gets delayed as well, which just sounds wrong. It's also an annoyance to balance dry and wet levels across the three pedals.

I'm gonna offload the MD-500 and that should cover a good chunk of the Parallelizer's cost. It's great, but I'm only using a tiny bit of its horsepower and I can't run the Detune algorithm in stereo (unless I set up a bank with two separate Detunes panned left and right, but then I lose the ability to run another chorus in parallel). Instead of using that, I'm planning to have the SDE-3000D and RV-500 in one loop (so I can stack them), my trusty old Boss PS-6 (set 100% wet) in another loop, and for now my Boss CE-5 in the third loop. I'll switch my IR-200's loop from parallel to series, and this way my dry sound will get the juice from the Studio Comp as well.

I'm looking forward to being able to control the mix on my stereo effects directly with simple knobs, without having to worry about balancing levels on the pedals themselves.

Anyone else use one of these?

I haven't used a Parallelizer, but I use a Samson SM-10 Rack Line Mixer to do a similar thing with different rack effects units.

I like my Pitch Detune, Chorus, Delay, and Reverb to all be in Parallel, and then all output in stereo. Currently I have several different units hooked up to switch between, but I am thinking about going down to one just for simplicity.

Back