Marshall Price Drop. Not sure if an April Fool's joke

is the stock JVM410 really this anemic in the crunch channel compared to the Satriana model??

I personally am not a fan of the Crunch Channel on the 410 but with a good OD, you can push those two modes into 800 w/ boost territory. Personally if I was using a boost I'd go to OD1 Green and use that. Btw/ I use OD1 Orange and no OD pedal, all the gain is from the amp. Another thing "for me", gotta run the Res high on that amp. I see guys using it sparingly and without it, no balls. Also that amp plays well with GB's, 30's, GT75's and just about every celestion I've played it through. I run a mix of 30's and Annis in both my 2x12 and 4x12.

Here's some quotes from the amp designer Santiago - "The HJS is more mellow, less aggressive. Looser on the lows but still tight to play metal with it. All the channels are different but it is relatively easy to modify the standard JVM to one of the HJS modes. The HJS has extra switching for the different modes so if you modify the standard you'll need to pretty much decide which of the channels and modes you'd want to 'clone'. It is not easy to convert the standard into the HJS as you'll need to rewrite the firmware and add the extra relays, and so on."

Frankly this is probably the best JVM 410 video I've seen. It's a really fair representation of the amp from a video in my opinion. Again the magic for me on the 410 is OD1 Orange and I'd say OD1 Red. Clean is very good as well. Now if you want something more modern gain then that's where OD2 comes in but again the Crunch channels on the HJS was much better than the stock 410 however I had zero need for that channel on either amp.

Personally if Marshall wanted to reintroduce the JVM they could take the clean, OD1 and OD2 from the stock model. Take the Crunch, the gate, the choke and the serial loop from the HJS. I'd buy it in a second.

Last edited:
I think they're well on their way, I know a (presumably trend-following?) high school kid who just frosted his. For some reason young people are getting mullets again too...
Bro, mullets are epic. When I see a guy sporting a mullet, I think, “god damn, dudes a bad ass.”

These little turds getting mullets aren’t proper mullets unless they live in the rust belt or part of the wheat belt. In those places it’s always been the coolest and hippest haircut. And they sport a proper mullet.

I myself, have never had the courage to sport a mullet. I’m in California and that would constitute a stage 8 - 10 social faux pas one might never recover from. It’s a very dangerous and daring look. I salute all those who boldly sport the mullet. They are braver men than I.

But my god, how I want a spectacular mullet. I picture my hair blowing uncontrollably in the wind as I drive a bitchin toothpaste blue geo metro with with, “total devastation,” in the Latin prison gang font in bright colors on the hood with palm trees and bikini clad chicks in the background, as well as extra big tires, with spray painted all black rims, and NWA pumping on my stereo. Man….. what a thought…..that mullet flowing in the wind….. a chick in the passenger seat sporting corn rows and cut offs….. she’s absolutely covered in Latin prison font tats……. This is simply too much to hope for.

Just ordered a 2555x for 1125 euros from Thomann - Will report back once it's here

Do you live in the US? I'd be surprised if Thomann sells them with 110v PTs, and they don't have selector switches like the 800s and Plexis. In fact, I don't think the PTs have any taps for other voltages. You get the one for the country in which it was originally sold for distribution. I looked into this, my tech had one on the bench when I asked him and he said I'd have to get a PT for US voltage.

Do you live in the US? I'd be surprised if Thomann sells them with 110v PTs, and they don't have selector switches like the 800s and Plexis. In fact, I don't think the PTs have any taps for other voltages. You get the one for the country in which it was originally sold for distribution. I looked into this, my tech had one on the bench when I asked him and he said I'd have to get a PT for US voltage.
Nope I live in Greece :)

I just bought a 2555X from Music Store Professional in Europe for $1078 shipped to the US. Had to be done. If I need a $50 step down tranny then so be it.

I just bought a 2555X from Music Store Professional in Europe for $1078 shipped to the US. Had to be done. If I need a $50 step down tranny then so be it.
Heyboer will hook you up with a great PT for probably less than $200. But, even though it may not have a voltage selector, it doesn’t necessarily mean the taps aren’t available on the existing PT.

Heyboer will hook you up with a great PT for probably less than $200. But, even though it may not have a voltage selector, it doesn’t necessarily mean the taps aren’t available on the existing PT.
Wow that’s a nuts price and shipped too.

I’d throw a Mercury magnetics PT in it for $300 and call it good as new.
Insane price, right? Did the original Jubes have Mercurys?

Either scenario is a win for $1078 shipped. 🤘

Does anybody not give a shit where a transformer is made? Me, I don't care. As long as an amp functions, I'm good to go.

Does anybody not give a shit where a transformer is made? Me, I don't care. As long as an amp functions, I'm good to go.

Yeah unfortunately I wish it was that easy. As tube amps amplify sound, the tubes pull current, and the ability for the PT to supply that current over frequency while maintaining correct voltage plays an immense part in the sound, feel, dynamics, etc. of the amp just as much as the tubes do. Proper filtering helps but it’s no replacement for quality iron.

Back