Tones that make you go "Whoa!"

First time I heard Wyld Stallyn

View attachment 302223
lighters in the air concert.png

On to the "M"s :LOL:

Mastodon - Sultan's Curse

Megadeth - Captive Honour

Metallica - Orion -live (studio was better of course)

Missouri - Movin' on

Montrose - Rock the Nation (and I'm not a Sammy fan)

Great choices , Leslie’s tone is like a wrecking ball on Mississippi Queen and I’m wasn’t too crazy about the pop metal direction Motley took on Feelgood but Micks tone is stellar
Agreed on both. And I was afraid of any "Feelgood" comments so I almost chose an old cut like Dancing on Glass or Girls. Then considered something off of the Corabi album. Ultimately chose a Feelgood song because of the production, Micks guitars and the Bob Rock factor :LOL:

Agreed on both. And I was afraid of any "Feelgood" comments so I almost chose an old cut like Dancing on Glass or Girls. Then considered something off of the Corabi album. Ultimately chose a Feelgood song because of the production, Micks guitars and the Bob Rock factor :LOL:
Micks tone on GGG sounds thin to my ears but I like the album . Love the s/t album with Corabi , SLO tones

not done yet :LOL:

Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (maybe not the best tone, but one to remember)

Pantera - I'll Cast a Shadow

Peter Framton - Do You Feel Like We Do

Pink Floyd - Young Lust

Billy was great at getting hard rock tones using Fender guitars. This one has one my favorite guitar solos.

100% He had a 2nd guitarist that ran a Lester. Not sure if these parts were a tele or LP. however that clean ish cranked Marshall tone along with Def leps Hi n Dry tone is what I strive for. Punchy, with loads of string clarity. My Headfirst 100w Alta ch2 can get me there but a fair bit better -really!! :m17:

100% He had a 2nd guitarist that ran a Lester. Not sure if these parts were a tele or LP. however that clean ish cranked Marshall tone along with Def leps Hi n Dry tone is what I strive for. Punchy, with loads of string clarity. My Headfirst 100w Alta ch2 can get me there but a fair bit better -really!! :m17:

:m17:

Wikipedia says that Cary Sharaf handled lead guitar duties on that record. Then Billy got Jeff Golub for that tour. I've seen a live Billy gig on YouTube with a Strat back in the day and he sounded great.

Wikipedia says that Cary Sharaf handled lead guitar duties on that record. Then Billy got Jeff Golub for that tour. I've seen a live Billy gig on YouTube with a Strat back in the day and he sounded great.
My band covers 'My kind of lover' That vid of them doing it live in the early 80's was soooo fast. Must have been on some serious nose candy :ROFLMAO:

The Summer of ‘95 I had been playing guitar for about 6 months, my uncle gave me EJ’s Total Electric Guitar on VHS and told me to learn everything I could. I was 11, had no fuckin’ clue what the fuck he was doing, I just know I loved the fuck out of how it all sounded.

The exact moment I turned from “beginner” to “fucking guitar nerd” is right at 0:48-
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2z1b...ey=vnspedkc4nate0txmbdzgkrku&st=5cgrfrt2&dl=0

The camera pans across all this gear that looked like lab equipment to me, he steps on some mysterious switch and then this cool, bluish land mine motherfucker and WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?!?! To this day I have not heard a tone like that, not even from him. Now I know he’s switching to his Dumble and stepping on a ‘71 Fuzz Face, but I had no clue about gear then.

Back