NAD Bogner Uber rev blue

I love this! You’re making 2 pieces of gear that this forum overall can’t stand sound fkn great! All about the player homie.

1. Uber Rev Blue: majority here says it’s a flabby piece of shit And go as far as saying it’s the worst Uber ever made. I happen to still love mine and it’s way more versatile than it gets credit for.

2. Warehouse Vet30 speakers: WGS are worthless, not loud and fall apart at higher volumes. I have Green Berets and Vet30’s and those statements couldn’t be further from the truth. You basically need to own 70’s Celestions or Mesa early 2000’s V30’s to be a part of the club here.

HNAD and welcome to the Uber club!!

1. Not sure why. I love mine and don't find it flabby at all. It's one of my favorite amps of all time.

2. Wasn't aware of this either. I have one that I'm going to put in a 1 X 12 cab that I'm building.

I love this! You’re making 2 pieces of gear that this forum overall can’t stand sound fkn great! All about the player homie.

1. Uber Rev Blue: majority here says it’s a flabby piece of shit And go as far as saying it’s the worst Uber ever made. I happen to still love mine and it’s way more versatile than it gets credit for.

2. Warehouse Vet30 speakers: WGS are worthless, not loud and fall apart at higher volumes. I have Green Berets and Vet30’s and those statements couldn’t be further from the truth. You basically need to own 70’s Celestions or Mesa early 2000’s V30’s to be a part of the club here.

HNAD and welcome to the Uber club!!
I do hate the rev blue compared to the rev green but not for the reasons mentioned. I feel the 90’s 101B is more versatile than both for my needs which is why I grabbed one so long ago. I’ve played a rev green at volume and although it’s a clean/hi gain two trick pony I just didn’t find it versatile at all compared to a 101B so I don’t seem to seek them out. Yes you have to boost the 101B blue to get to rev green or rev blue territory but that’s fine for me.

I’ve never hated WGS but I just prefer celestions.

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't the Vet 30's sound like they are broken in when brand new out of the box?
Yes sir. I have a quad of Celestion MIC V30’s that I’ve had for 12 years and well broken in. The Vet30’s sound juicer but have less cutting highs than the V30’s. They pair very well with my Orange RV50 and also sound great with all of my Mesa amps.

I do hate the rev blue compared to the rev green but not for the reasons mentioned. I feel the 90’s 101B is more versatile than both for my needs which is why I grabbed one so long ago. I’ve played a rev green at volume and although it’s a clean/hi gain two trick pony I just didn’t find it versatile at all compared to a 101B so I don’t seem to seek them out. Yes you have to boost the 101B blue to get to rev green or rev blue territory but that’s fine for me.

I’ve never hated WGS but I just prefer celestions.
Yeah I like Rev 2 as well but for different reasons. The Blue actually has more bass which makes it less manageable for tight riffing but neither excel for that sort of style in comparison to the Ultra.

Hahahahah! I get it though, most of the folks here have always been into marshalls and Ed and shit. I love that side too and still have an old nmv jcm800 sitting around. I didnt know rex blues were regarded so poorly. Will say without the grind its a lot harder to tame. But same goes for the rev g rectos too. But with the right boost it’s a murderer. The vet 30’si just stumbled on when i bought this cab, and theyre great.
I appreciate the nice words for real. Just an old guy trying to keep the rust off.

Also if someone cant work with this amp, might not be the amp lol
Do jcm800's come with no master volumes?? Didn't know that, I thought they all had master volumes?? I'm not very informed when it comes to Marshall's.

Do jcm800's come with no master volumes?? Didn't know that, I thought they all had master volumes?? I'm not very informed when it comes to Marshall's.
They’re called transitional JCM800s and really in demand and rare. They have 1959 circuits in a 1959 chassis using jcm800 parts and jcm800 faceplates. As such they don’t have a master volume. They’re aggressive sounding and loud as hell.

I boosted one with an SD-1 cranked up and it was VH all the way. I missed grabbing one by days.

Yeah i have a weird model. Has four inputs and no master. Im not sure what it is lol.

Nice riffing! Never played a Bogner before so I don't know what all the hate is about. The amp response to your playing is perfect if I can put it that way!

Yeah i have a weird model. Has four inputs and no master. Im not sure what it is lol.
Nice riffing! Never played a Bogner before so I don't know what all the hate is about. The amp response to your playing is perfect if I can put it that way!
i think its really thick and loose without a boost but with one is pure chunko. Same reason i jive with rectos i guess. This has different mids though and that sweep/presence is really fuckin cool!

Attachments

• IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

i think its really thick and loose without a boost but with one is pure chunko. Same reason i jive with rectos i guess. This has different mids though and that sweep/presence is really fuckin cool!
P. S. That 800 is insanely loud! And ive owned a few over the years.

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't the Vet 30's sound like they are broken in when brand new out of the box?
Thats probably pretty close. Just feels like a thicker v30 to me. Slightly attenuated highs, but still gets tight enough.

Thanks! I didnt know much about them, but i agree, it instantly felt natural to me. Wish i hsd gotten one years sgo.

Thanks! I didnt know much about them, but i agree, it instantly felt natural to me. Wish i hsd gotten one years sgo.
Me too. Back in 2003 i played an uberschall at M.A.E. in Ft. Lauderdale & it was perfect for what i play. I also have an Avenger which is crazy loud.

Me too. Back in 2003 i played an uberschall at M.A.E. in Ft. Lauderdale & it was perfect for what i play. I also have an Avenger which is crazy loud.
dude. I love the avenger too but the Uber with presence that shapes the mids hit me perfect. It’s so sick!

Back