Would you rock this new George Lynch Desert Eagle?

like the specs, just not my favorite design or graphics. I'm sure it plays and sounds great

I did as well—and that profile isn’t supposed to be “thin” at all
Good! I have one coming tomorrow. And ESP did clarify, they come with Duncan 78's. Not sure why all the dealers' descriptions say Duncan Distortion. I'm actually curious how these 78's sound. They only run 9k, so definitely not high output, which I'm used to with my SG, (and prefer). But, again, I have an unused TB-5 if all else fails.

Good! I have one coming tomorrow. And ESP did clarify, they come with Duncan 78's. Not sure why all the dealers' descriptions say Duncan Distortion. I'm actually curious how these 78's sound. They only run 9k, so definitely not high output, which I'm used to with my SG, (and prefer). But, again, I have an unused TB-5 if all else fails.
Looking forward to hearing your take on the neck (y)

I love it! I wonder why it is so expensive? I just got the ESP LTD Mirage 87' and it is the best playing guitar I own except for my 88' Charvel. They feel very similar though.. But it basically has the same specs as the Desert Eagle. That paint job and headstock must cost more to make.. or George is getting a big cut.
Factor in SS frets, and a hardshell case. I got mine cheaper than $1699. I would have never bought it at that.

Might want to poke around Japanese dealers that ship to the US, a bunch of Edwards Lynch sigs came out including the Kami-I

The Edwards has my attention. I love the way the original colors pop and I know the quality. Resale may not be on par and that is the only hesitation. Also takes a certain type of buyer for these. The instrument looks good though. ( Not so much the playing in this clip, just looking at the guitar). Downside is truss rod is apparently not accessible without taking the neck off which sucks in Canadian climate where my guitars seasonally need adjustment.

The Edwards has my attention. I love the way the original colors pop and I know the quality. Resale may not be on par and that is the only hesitation. Also takes a certain type of buyer for these. The instrument looks good though. ( Not so much the playing in this clip, just looking at the guitar). Downside is truss rod is apparently not accessible without taking the neck off which sucks in Canadian climate where my guitars seasonally need adjustment.

Yeah, the spoke wheel truss rod adjustment is a big plus for me.. Taking necks off is a no-go for me.

Yeah, $1699. But there's discounts out there. I got a discount on mine, plus had rewards cash.
8681572978_70f942d1bc_n.jpg

In that case i'll take 2 ....

I've got one -- love it as much as my ESP Kamikaze. Less weight makes it easier to play. I changed the Duncan Distortion to a BK Rebel Yell. The finish is not cheap at all
Agree 100%- I've got a LTD Kami IV and the finish/graphics on it really impressed me.

Just got it.
I’m digging it.
Neck is definitely not a thin neck.
Sorta reminds me of my Sunburst Tiger neck.
Fret ends are nicely done.
Fingerboard is super dark chocolate brown; there’s almost no pattern.
The Duncan ‘78 is a hair bright. Not too much though. The neck single coil is actually ok.
Came in a hardshell case.
8.65 pounds.
IMG-5506.jpg

Last edited:
Back